1997 Mazda Millenia Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:
Love my Mazda
By SGordon on 07/31/09 13:04 PM (PDT)

1997 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Mazda as a second owner. It had 30,000 miles on it. It was a lease turn in. I didn't have any problems at all with my car until the timing belt went out. That was after about 125,000 miles, got that replaced and have been going ever since! That is the only major issue I ever had. I now have 209,000 miles on it and it's still going strong.

nice looking but quality lacks a bit
By rfp on 12/18/07 20:39 PM (PST)

1997 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have had my Mazda for 9 years. I replaced the transmission at 100,000. I have had a number of other parts replaced. The engine has been pretty good. But the parts are very high and mostly have to be ordered. The resale value is is kinda low. The car really looks good but in terms of durability, it leaves a lot to be desired. Mazda really needs to step it up a bit.

good car for the money
By antoine rached on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

P1195 EGR BOOST SENSOR, this will kill your pickup and gas mileage. engine makes noise after 100,000 to solve put 2 quarts of karosene and idle it for 5 minutes, change oil and filter, use SAE30 the noise is gone for 20000 miles. Discontinued because of bad rep. after FORD bought MAZDA, their vehicles went down the toilet. I remember my 1984 626 ran over 300,000 miles, you could never find that now !!!!! Mazda dealers overcharge, dont buy parts there. Rotate tires after every oil change. I rated the car so high because I sold it for profit !!!! :-)

Great Car!
By Robert D on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

The Mazda Millenia S is the poor man's 5 Series BMW. I bought mine used with 34k on it--someone else ate the depreciation..I got great value. The handling is agile, a real driver's car, yet ride quality is high. The engine is responsive, smooth, quick. Mechanically solid, and loaded with features, including traction control, ABS. The engineers and builders paid attention to detail. I find the car comfortable, even on long trips; maintenance has been minimal.

Depreciation debacle
By Anderdog on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda Millenia Sedan L 4dr Sedan

My Millenia was purchased for a seriously reduced price below the sticker. I thought I had the deal of the century(millenium??) Once I got over the terrific sound system and sexy styling, I was left with a cramped cabin with few features like cup holders (only 1 provided),an ashtray, a glove box with more than a few inches of space. The transmission always felt like it was missing gears and spinning in low speed acceleration. Reliability was not what Consumer Reports suggested I could expect.

Good Car
By Drive_Millenia on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mazda Millenia Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought a 2nd hand millenia. The car is excellent when it comes to all the luxury features. The interior is great. The car is 6 yrs old but still most of the things seem to be working perfectly fine. The pick-up is bit of a problem at low speeds.. may coz of the heavy weight. The car drives really smooth and once above 50mph, the pickup improves a lot. Its very easy to get a speeding ticket if you are not watching the speedometer!!!

A fine car but ...
By Tl on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda Millenia Sedan L 4dr Sedan

My 5 year old Millenia still drives like a luxury car. I bought it for its reliability and gorgeous exterior. The leather grade is rather cheap. The interior is tight and front seats are not comfortable for tall adults. The workmanship and fitting are flimsy. My moon roof stops working (not fuse- related). If you live in the DC/Virginia area, I would not recommend buying your car from Brown's Mazda. They drop you like a ball once your car leaves their lot. The acceleration on this car sucks. I would get the S version if you love the shape and the supple ride. My next car would likely be a Lexus, Volvo, Mercedes, or a BMW - definitely not sold by Brown's car dealers.