Used 1997 Mazda Millenia Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

1997 Mazda Millenia Sedan

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:

Love my Mazda
By SGordon

1997 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Mazda as a second owner. It had 30,000 miles on it. It was a lease turn in. I didn't have any problems at all with my car until the timing belt went out. That was after about 125,000 miles, got that replaced and have been going ever since! That is the only major issue I ever had. I now have 209,000 miles on it and it's still going strong.

Favorite Features

Love the handling, very smooth ride, love the sound system, Bose

Suggested Improvements

paint on the outside mirrors began to chip off after about 5 years of owning it

nice looking but quality lacks a bit
By rfp

1997 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have had my Mazda for 9 years. I replaced the transmission at 100,000. I have had a number of other parts replaced. The engine has been pretty good. But the parts are very high and mostly have to be ordered. The resale value is is kinda low. The car really looks good but in terms of durability, it leaves a lot to be desired. Mazda really needs to step it up a bit.

Favorite Features

Looks great. Sporty look. Fast car. Good sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Put more in the value and durability area.

good car for the money
By antoine rached

1997 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

P1195 EGR BOOST SENSOR, this will kill your pickup and gas mileage. engine makes noise after 100,000 to solve put 2 quarts of karosene and idle it for 5 minutes, change oil and filter, use SAE30 the noise is gone for 20000 miles. Discontinued because of bad rep. after FORD bought MAZDA, their vehicles went down the toilet. I remember my 1984 626 ran over 300,000 miles, you could never find that now !!!!! Mazda dealers overcharge, dont buy parts there. Rotate tires after every oil change. I rated the car so high because I sold it for profit !!!! :-)

Favorite Features

looks luxurious, but is cheap

Suggested Improvements

IF FORD MOTOR COMPANY SELLS MAZDA , THE VALUE WILL GO UP.

Great Car!
By Robert D

1997 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

The Mazda Millenia S is the poor man's 5 Series BMW. I bought mine used with 34k on it--someone else ate the depreciation..I got great value. The handling is agile, a real driver's car, yet ride quality is high. The engine is responsive, smooth, quick. Mechanically solid, and loaded with features, including traction control, ABS. The engineers and builders paid attention to detail. I find the car comfortable, even on long trips; maintenance has been minimal.

Favorite Features

Handling. Power on demand. Bose sound. Layout of controls. All the bells and whistles. Rear passenger reading lights. Climate control. Heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Add a second cup holder. More front passenger foot room. More rear leg room. Cargo net in trunk. Hybrid auto/manual shifter. Upgrade center console.

Depreciation debacle
By Anderdog

1997 Mazda Millenia Sedan L 4dr Sedan

My Millenia was purchased for a seriously reduced price below the sticker. I thought I had the deal of the century(millenium??) Once I got over the terrific sound system and sexy styling, I was left with a cramped cabin with few features like cup holders (only 1 provided),an ashtray, a glove box with more than a few inches of space. The transmission always felt like it was missing gears and spinning in low speed acceleration. Reliability was not what Consumer Reports suggested I could expect.

Favorite Features

Bose stereo, great radio antenna pick- up, traction control for winter travel, heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

More room for body to relax. Ashtray/lighter. Bigger glove box (like one that might handle gloves). Smoother shifting transmission. More power for the weight of the car.