Used 1997 Mazda Millenia L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

1997 Mazda Millenia

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:

Depreciation debacle
By Anderdog

1997 Mazda Millenia L 4dr Sedan

My Millenia was purchased for a seriously reduced price below the sticker. I thought I had the deal of the century(millenium??) Once I got over the terrific sound system and sexy styling, I was left with a cramped cabin with few features like cup holders (only 1 provided),an ashtray, a glove box with more than a few inches of space. The transmission always felt like it was missing gears and spinning in low speed acceleration. Reliability was not what Consumer Reports suggested I could expect.

Favorite Features

Bose stereo, great radio antenna pick- up, traction control for winter travel, heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

More room for body to relax. Ashtray/lighter. Bigger glove box (like one that might handle gloves). Smoother shifting transmission. More power for the weight of the car.

Good Car
By Drive_Millenia

1997 Mazda Millenia L 4dr Sedan

I bought a 2nd hand millenia. The car is excellent when it comes to all the luxury features. The interior is great. The car is 6 yrs old but still most of the things seem to be working perfectly fine. The pick-up is bit of a problem at low speeds.. may coz of the heavy weight. The car drives really smooth and once above 50mph, the pickup improves a lot. Its very easy to get a speeding ticket if you are not watching the speedometer!!!

Favorite Features

1. Bose Music System 2. Dual Heated seats, All 4 ABS breaks, Traction control.... Very handy especially if you are driving in heavy snow.

Suggested Improvements

Pickup needs to improve.

A fine car but ...
By Tl

1997 Mazda Millenia L 4dr Sedan

My 5 year old Millenia still drives like a luxury car. I bought it for its reliability and gorgeous exterior. The leather grade is rather cheap. The interior is tight and front seats are not comfortable for tall adults. The workmanship and fitting are flimsy. My moon roof stops working (not fuse- related). If you live in the DC/Virginia area, I would not recommend buying your car from Brown's Mazda. They drop you like a ball once your car leaves their lot. The acceleration on this car sucks. I would get the S version if you love the shape and the supple ride. My next car would likely be a Lexus, Volvo, Mercedes, or a BMW - definitely not sold by Brown's car dealers.

Favorite Features

Exterior, paint, soft door closing, supple rides, Auto climate control, Driving column clears for ease of exit. Bose music system.

Suggested Improvements

Acceleration can definitely be improved. Car interior can use more leg and head room as well as overall interior space. Material quality needs improvement to be consistent with its cost. I would seriously consider the Passat over this car for the same price.