1997 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:
Depreciation debacle
By Anderdog on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda Millenia L 4dr Sedan

My Millenia was purchased for a seriously reduced price below the sticker. I thought I had the deal of the century(millenium??) Once I got over the terrific sound system and sexy styling, I was left with a cramped cabin with few features like cup holders (only 1 provided),an ashtray, a glove box with more than a few inches of space. The transmission always felt like it was missing gears and spinning in low speed acceleration. Reliability was not what Consumer Reports suggested I could expect.

Good Car
By Drive_Millenia on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mazda Millenia L 4dr Sedan

I bought a 2nd hand millenia. The car is excellent when it comes to all the luxury features. The interior is great. The car is 6 yrs old but still most of the things seem to be working perfectly fine. The pick-up is bit of a problem at low speeds.. may coz of the heavy weight. The car drives really smooth and once above 50mph, the pickup improves a lot. Its very easy to get a speeding ticket if you are not watching the speedometer!!!

A fine car but ...
By Tl on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda Millenia L 4dr Sedan

My 5 year old Millenia still drives like a luxury car. I bought it for its reliability and gorgeous exterior. The leather grade is rather cheap. The interior is tight and front seats are not comfortable for tall adults. The workmanship and fitting are flimsy. My moon roof stops working (not fuse- related). If you live in the DC/Virginia area, I would not recommend buying your car from Brown's Mazda. They drop you like a ball once your car leaves their lot. The acceleration on this car sucks. I would get the S version if you love the shape and the supple ride. My next car would likely be a Lexus, Volvo, Mercedes, or a BMW - definitely not sold by Brown's car dealers.