1997 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:
Love my Mazda
By SGordon on 07/31/09 13:04 PM (PDT)

1997 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Mazda as a second owner. It had 30,000 miles on it. It was a lease turn in. I didn't have any problems at all with my car until the timing belt went out. That was after about 125,000 miles, got that replaced and have been going ever since! That is the only major issue I ever had. I now have 209,000 miles on it and it's still going strong.

nice looking but quality lacks a bit
By rfp on 12/18/07 20:39 PM (PST)

1997 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I have had my Mazda for 9 years. I replaced the transmission at 100,000. I have had a number of other parts replaced. The engine has been pretty good. But the parts are very high and mostly have to be ordered. The resale value is is kinda low. The car really looks good but in terms of durability, it leaves a lot to be desired. Mazda really needs to step it up a bit.

good car for the money
By antoine rached on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

P1195 EGR BOOST SENSOR, this will kill your pickup and gas mileage. engine makes noise after 100,000 to solve put 2 quarts of karosene and idle it for 5 minutes, change oil and filter, use SAE30 the noise is gone for 20000 miles. Discontinued because of bad rep. after FORD bought MAZDA, their vehicles went down the toilet. I remember my 1984 626 ran over 300,000 miles, you could never find that now !!!!! Mazda dealers overcharge, dont buy parts there. Rotate tires after every oil change. I rated the car so high because I sold it for profit !!!! :-)