1996 Mazda Millenia Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:
Best car I ever owned
By LissaE531 on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my millenia used, with just under 100k miles on it. I have had it for almost 10 years and I can honestly say it is the best car I have ever owned, and the one I have loved most. I have only had to replace the timing belt/water pump and a few hoses and that is it. this car is So fun to drive and I have driven it hard, in the city daily, with a lot of stop and go. It developed a oil leak a few days ago, and I drove it anyway, stupidly, but I had no choice and it ran dry and caused severe damage to the radiator and hoses. it will not be worth it to fix, as I cant be assured the engine hasn't suffered damage as well. I am so sad to let this car go.

Fun to drive Expensive to fix
By johngammel on 10/26/08 21:29 PM (PDT)

1996 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

This is a great car to drive. Very quiet Bose sound and supercharged. Just hope you don't have to fix it. Waterpump and timing belt cost 1800.00 vacuum leaks $200. Used tensioner for AC Belt 175.00 Nice to drive just be prepared to crack that wallet open when it needs fixing

237k and still kicking!
By Stacey on 03/12/07 14:24 PM (PDT)

1996 Mazda Millenia Sedan L 4dr Sedan

We've had our car for a few years now, formerly the company car, but it is fantastic, no major engine issues or troubles, TONS of mileage and no hint that it's likely to die anytime soon.

would not recommend buying used
By Ms. C on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I wouldn't recommend buying this car used. The maintenance is very expensive and costly. Definitely buy new so there's a warranty.

Great Car
By Gens Linton on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda Millenia Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 76k miles from a private auction so had no knowledge of previous owner. Right after I had to Redo the transmission and timing belt. Since then, this car is awesome. I nickname it "Old Faithful" because it has been very reliable for my family and is a awesome car to drive that still looks great. I love this car!

Great, underrecognized car
By Ken F. on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Miller cycle engine of this car is world class, puts out more horsepower per liter than a Corvette engine. Engine never seems to be straining or overly loud under strong acceleration. Bought car used for less than 9K. Came with every option available. Handling and brakes are very good. The only weak spot is the automatic transmission which shifts rough under hard acceleration. No trouble with the car that I could not fix myself in 15 minutes. Biggest disappointment, Ford no longer makes this engine.

Great Car
By Gregory Leviness on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda Millenia Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This is the 4th Mazda Millenia I have owned. After the 2 accident with the 99, the car was deemed totalled.When I received my insurance check I wanted another car that if needed would be able to save my life and I wanted to save some of the insurance money.Low and behold I found my 96 model owned privately and very well pampered.What a waist I say though to pamper these cars.I am very rough with my cars and expect them to sustain and be reliable.I bought the car with 40K and now have 120K.I will more than likely buy another after I run this one into the ground.I think it will last for another 80K miles at least.With no further problems.THANKS MAZDA.

Great Car
By james brownlee on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda Millenia Sedan L 4dr Sedan

We have this car for 5 yrs. and have not had any repairs other than, one set of brak pads, oil changes,and tires! (144K+miles} Drives Great! Looks Great! Gets good gas millage! Fun to Drive!

Good Car
By eebert on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda Millenia Sedan L 4dr Sedan

Fun to drive, great sound system, handles good.