1995 Mazda Millenia Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:
After 13 years it still runs like new
By joeyB on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

Mine is L version which I bought with 8000 miles in '97 and it currently has 190,000 miles. The car is very reliable and still my daily driver (13 years!). Only performed scheduled maintenance. The paint faded and the driver's leather seat ripped but other than that it runs really well. Even the A/C is still cold.

Got A "New" Japanese Domesitc Eng&Trans
By HW on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have had two extended warranties on this Mazda Millenia until it ran out around 85K miles. I got my worth out of them. I replaced a engine mount; valve, etc., maybe $12,000 in parts and labor during the two warranties. I missed out by a day on the rear wheel fender rust recall and the service adviser said I was too late by a day. By 110K miles; my engine light came on and the transmission acted up. The "P" was lighted up on the gear section in the speedometer cluster. I went around town to all the transmission shops and to local Mazda dealership and wasted around $400 for pretty much advise as to the cheapest way to fix my Millenia. Got a Japanese Domestic Engine and Transmission.

Millenia!
By lauraann on 02/06/10 19:17 PM (PST)

1995 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as my first when i turned 16 and it had 160000 miles. As soon as it left the dealership the check engine light came on and it turned out the gas gauge was stuck at 3/4 of a tank. After i figured out my cars little quirks, it was a very reliable car for me. I had to replace the radiator, front wheel bearings, and the brake pads and disks. my left turn signal was very touchy and liked to be on all the time. I drove it until i wrecked it in january at exactly 200000 miles

I regret this car
By Alyssa on 09/06/09 17:12 PM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

Seriously, this car is nothing but a money pit. I have the V6, 4 door. The airbags went off for no reason. The Distributor cap slit twice (600 bucks per repair) the alternator, transmission, fuel pump, AND oxygen sensor has all gone out multiple times. I have put TRIPLE the money into this car than what I bought it for. Do not get this car. Unless you like throwing money away monthly.

Nice ride but nickel and dimed us
By turpster on 08/29/09 20:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned 2 Mazdas and probably will not again. 1st 1995 Mazda Millinia. At 35,000 miles started the "nickel and dime". 35,000mi. plug wires, 50,000mi. CV joints and water pump. Shortly after needed repainting paint and interior shown early deterioriation. We sold it in 2002. On the up side it was a sports sedan and performance was Okay and the ride was nice.

A few left
By cochise on 07/28/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got his car after my granddaughter's death. It had been taken care of pretty well. It now has 200,000 miles and runs very well. No problems so far except there seems to be some kind of special knack adding coolant -- the temp guage has started going to hot but the add coolant light on the dash doesn't come on. After the car cools, the gauge goes back to normal setting (cold) but after about 3 miles or so runs to hot again but no boil over...not sure what this means and I slowly add coolant via the reservoir and over night it drains low soI just add a little more. Must not have a full radiator yet but maybe i should totally drain and refill and that may solve the problem.

Great car, but smokes a bit
By mtubaj on 09/02/07 21:23 PM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

95 Millenias all smoke some, and that's just a fact of life. This car has smooth lines and a good engine. It rides smoothly on the interstate, and usually gets around 24 mpg. It accelerates well in the 40-60 mph range, but has a little bit of trouble getting up and going sometimes. The trunk is huge, the backseat is roomy, and the instrument panel is set up nicely. Overall, a great car if you can get past the smoking of the engine.

The Millenia
By Unhappyowner on 02/23/07 07:46 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car had issues from the start. It starts when it wants to. Cuts off in the middle of traffic. It has not been driven on a frequently basis in weeks. It's expensive to maintain. Mechanics cannot find the root of the problem. Millenia's stink!

Good for a 95
By Rup on 11/03/06 14:18 PM (PST)

1995 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

Got this car with 70,000 miles on it. At 80,000 replaced fuel injector lines ($300); problem free from then until this year. At 170,000 miles had to replace starter, radiator, and battery. Compared to any 1995 American car, it's been reliable and fun to drive.

JUNK
By Tony on 03/07/06 10:42 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda Millenia Sedan 4dr Sedan

Was great when I bought it, but very quickly went BAD. All repairs are VERY expensive due to parts cost. Overheats at high altitude easily, strange engine "failures". Tranny shifts poorly, hubcaps fall off. Overall the worst car that I have ever owned. Never buy a Mazda again, or a Ford (the engine is the same one used in the Probe).