Used 1995 Mazda Millenia Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

1995 Mazda Millenia

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:

After 13 years it still runs like new
By joeyB

1995 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

Mine is L version which I bought with 8000 miles in '97 and it currently has 190,000 miles. The car is very reliable and still my daily driver (13 years!). Only performed scheduled maintenance. The paint faded and the driver's leather seat ripped but other than that it runs really well. Even the A/C is still cold.

Favorite Features

Smooth quiet ride, sunroof, power everything. Great highway car. Added a Sirius radio to it.

Suggested Improvements

i wish the back seat was designed to fold down for a surfboard and skis.

Got A "New" Japanese Domesitc Eng&Trans
By HW

1995 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I have had two extended warranties on this Mazda Millenia until it ran out around 85K miles. I got my worth out of them. I replaced a engine mount; valve, etc., maybe $12,000 in parts and labor during the two warranties. I missed out by a day on the rear wheel fender rust recall and the service adviser said I was too late by a day. By 110K miles; my engine light came on and the transmission acted up. The "P" was lighted up on the gear section in the speedometer cluster. I went around town to all the transmission shops and to local Mazda dealership and wasted around $400 for pretty much advise as to the cheapest way to fix my Millenia. Got a Japanese Domestic Engine and Transmission.

Suggested Improvements

If they re-intro it; much more power like a 350 hp motor, double the torque and a dual shift transmission with paddle shifters on the steering wheel; 20" wheels and more reliable parts and lower replace part prices.

Millenia!
By lauraann

1995 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as my first when i turned 16 and it had 160000 miles. As soon as it left the dealership the check engine light came on and it turned out the gas gauge was stuck at 3/4 of a tank. After i figured out my cars little quirks, it was a very reliable car for me. I had to replace the radiator, front wheel bearings, and the brake pads and disks. my left turn signal was very touchy and liked to be on all the time. I drove it until i wrecked it in january at exactly 200000 miles

Favorite Features

nice leather and factory speakers, Loved the sunroof. looked good for its age

Suggested Improvements

it was a very loud car and the paint was peeling, parts were expensive to replace

I regret this car
By Alyssa

1995 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

Seriously, this car is nothing but a money pit. I have the V6, 4 door. The airbags went off for no reason. The Distributor cap slit twice (600 bucks per repair) the alternator, transmission, fuel pump, AND oxygen sensor has all gone out multiple times. I have put TRIPLE the money into this car than what I bought it for. Do not get this car. Unless you like throwing money away monthly.

Suggested Improvements

Everything?

Nice ride but nickel and dimed us
By turpster

1995 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I have owned 2 Mazdas and probably will not again. 1st 1995 Mazda Millinia. At 35,000 miles started the "nickel and dime". 35,000mi. plug wires, 50,000mi. CV joints and water pump. Shortly after needed repainting paint and interior shown early deterioriation. We sold it in 2002. On the up side it was a sports sedan and performance was Okay and the ride was nice.

Favorite Features

Ride and interior design

Suggested Improvements

better build components