The best package & vlaue
By kneo on
2013 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I test drove and heavily researched for 3+ months before I acquired a 2013 MS3 w/ Tech Pkg. I looked at all "classes" with budget of up to $45000 . I looked at Subaru WRX & WRS-STI, Acura TSX, Acura TL SH-AWD, Genesis 2.0T, GTI, BMW 328, etc. I needed a practical 4-door sports car which would provide convenience, great looking exterior, "every day" drive-ability, fast, good interior, excellent handling, good on gas when not "pushed", etc. I Could not ignore the amount of money I'd save with an MS3 while getting everything I wanted. If you love motorcycles, you'll love MS3--simple! :) Love it!!
Favorite Features
Many other "sports cars" have too much isolation from environmental conditions, audible engine sound/noise, road noise that tells you what the car is doing, etc. This is a true sports car which let's you feel everything. Some reviews talk about "road noise" or other"refinement". If you want a "smooth/soft" ride and "refinement", then get a slower GTI, Cadillac or your Grandfather's favorite car--MS3 is not for you. ;) It's unfortunate that Subaru's have somewhat ugly body designs and terrible dealer/services in western Canada, not-so-good interiors; MS3 does not have those issues. Great looking body design! I can't say enough: for under $30K CDN, there's nothing else out there like it!
Suggested Improvements
I'd gladly pay extra $$ to have AWD. Mazda, please bring the Japanese AWD to Canada and US!