2013 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Touring 2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (3 reviews )
Still Fun After a Year
By jbowen52 on 12/13/13 06:58 AM (PST)

2013 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking for a hot hatchback and the choice was the Mazdaspeed 3 or Focus ST. I was fortunate that the local dealer carried both brands so was able to test them literally side by side. They are both outstanding in their genre. The choice came down to a small price advantage for the MS3, a bit more power and my wife liked the looks better. Gas mileage had been a concern when looking, but at least here in Florida, it is much better than rated. I average 24 around town and around 30 highway. All around a really fun ride with a bit of a firm ride.

Most fun car in its segment IMO
By redlinez on 02/07/13 14:27 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Well, I drove the now infamous Focus ST as well as the VW GTI and GLI and came back to the Speed3. The Focus was very slow to build boost and make power, felt very darty and followed every rut in the road. The newer GTI didn't have the magic that the MKV GTI possessed. It didn't have the instant torque feeling, maybe because I didn't floor it, very different throttle calibration possibly. The Jetta GLI was just too vanilla, it doesn't stand out in any real way other than the interior was pretty neat. The Speed3 entertains in normal driving like no other. Power comes on immediately, while the suspension is much more aggressive, it's well dampened.

The best package & vlaue
By kneo on 01/01/13 21:03 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I test drove and heavily researched for 3+ months before I acquired a 2013 MS3 w/ Tech Pkg. I looked at all "classes" with budget of up to $45000 . I looked at Subaru WRX & WRS-STI, Acura TSX, Acura TL SH-AWD, Genesis 2.0T, GTI, BMW 328, etc. I needed a practical 4-door sports car which would provide convenience, great looking exterior, "every day" drive-ability, fast, good interior, excellent handling, good on gas when not "pushed", etc. I Could not ignore the amount of money I'd save with an MS3 while getting everything I wanted. If you love motorcycles, you'll love MS3--simple! :) Love it!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback in VA is:

$153 per month*