Zoom-Zoom It Is
By fastlane123 on
2012 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I've owned a 2004 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring model and from the experience of driving that car for 6 years, I can definitely say that this 2012 Mazdaspeed3 is nearly as excellent as the Z when it comes to cornering at high speed and 0-60 mph time; simply a superb machine. The best time I've ever gotten from this car when going from 0-60 mph was 5.4 sec at San Antonio Raceway, Texas. As a hatchback, 5 doors and contains 5 seats, by performance, it is not too far off from my Nissan 350Z with the time of 5.1 sec. I am very impressed how the turbo makes no lag and shows consistency throughout every hard push of the gas pedal. Just don't take my opinion alone, drive one for yourself & you'll see.
Favorite Features
*Aggressive turbocharged with no lags whatsoever *Great exhaust note *Lots of room *Great bluetooth technology *Love the blue light interior accent at night *Premium Bose system is great with deep bass *Comfortable seats even when on long roadtrips *Best of all: All this for less than $25,000
Suggested Improvements
*Torque-steer to the max *Uncomfortable ride when on uneven surfaces *MPG could be improved especially if the engine is equip with direct injection technology; 7 years ago will not be a problem *Teens will always want to race you on the streets
By 1949
on 05/11/12 10:31 AM (PDT)

Just read your comments with interest. I also live in SA, so it's good to see someone here who lives in the same climate. As you well know, our hot/humid climate can affect performance. Anyway, I plan on buying a new car in March of '13. I'm torn between the MS3 and the GTI W/MT. My daily driver is a Tundra, so I'm ready to add a car. My last car was a new '98 Prelude. I live alone, so no problems there. Based on your experience, how would you rate the GTI overall (Performance, reliability, build quality & VW cust. svc) Vs the MS3? Thanks.