The Darkness has enveloped me
By rickibobbi on
2012 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Just got my MS3 in black, I've put on a heftier rear motor/transmission mount and a heftier rear sway bar (for autocross), Strange sensation to have all that power and control (particularly with the mods) and for such a low price, the dealers can't sell them because of the manual transmission, I kid you not, I test drove one that had a dead battery, it was sitting in a back lot, covered in dust, surrounded by mazda3 automatics, quite forlorn, but I got a really great price on the car! An amazing driver's car, simply fun and well sorted. Couldn't recommend it more. You'll run out of courage before this car runs out of a capability.
Favorite Features
Amazing steering feeling, the torque steer is way overstated, relatively compliant ride, doesn't get ruffled in mid turn yips too much, seats are great for me. The brake and gas pedals are well suited for heel toe (for me), great to have a hatchback, lots of room, the mileage is okay if your dogging it on a freeway, almost 30 mpg, which is pretty fabulous for such a beast! Interior fit and finish are ridiculously good. Lots of buttons but all do what they're suppose to do. Great sound system, a Bose this or that is stock!?!?
Suggested Improvements
better summer tires, the Dunlop sport 2050's aren't great