2012 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Consumer Review: Can't beat it

2012 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

Can't beat it
By unlvrebels on

2012 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had been doing research for a year and a half for my next car. I was going to choose one of the following three; VW GTI, Subaru WRX, MS3. I test drove each and everyone of them they all were great, but the MS3 truely stood above the rest. Power, Performance, Comfort, options standard, looks (the grill you get over shortly). I currently have 1500 miles on it and have loved every minute of it. Not a big fan of the city MPG, but it was defenately something to I expected, but what was unexpected was the great HWY MPG. I recently did a drive from Las Vegas to Phoenix which was roughly 400 miles. Did with only using 3/4 of the tank which gave me a whopping 32 MPG.

Favorite Features

Seats: They really are comfortable. Power/performance. HWY MPG is solid. Standard features including interior lighting. Engine note is a solid B+ (Like the GTI's much better though) Big enough for two car seats in the back. Manual tranny (For those of you that insist on buying a Automatic with Turbo are retarted).

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really, just tinker with trying to get city MPG up to 20's, but thats knit picking. Side note car's interior is a little more compact (ie small) compared to the GTI's. If you have kids, and are tall above 5'10" It may get a little snug in the back for your kids.