2nd One I've Owned
By brentonlange on
2012 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
This is the 2nd Speed3 I have owned. The first one was a project car. This one will be a project car as well. The overall value is unbeatable. So what, the NAV screen is small...but you still have nav compared to other models. The price is amazing for a small sports car. So far I have not lost a redlight-to-redlight race yet against trucks, or other cars. What you may not know, this car is lighter than most and with 263HP stock, you can beat many people right off the line and keep your edge for the mile long run. Great car, will definatly buy another one unless Mazda screws it up (doubtful). I have bought three Mazda's in the past year, all have of them have been amazing!
Favorite Features
C'mon now, the outside of the car is only part of the package, We sit on the inside of the car, that is where the money is at. I have sirius, nav, great displays, xenon AFS headlights, and pretty sweet air-conditioning settings. You cant beat that. I also like the feel of the clutch in the 2012's versus the 2011's. The handling and acceleration of this car is amazing stock. If you decide to get a Subaru WRX, then you sacrifice interior quality at a more substantial sticker price. Plus, when you buy this car, you become part of the unspoken club of MazdaSpeed3 owners. Have you ever had other owners of the same car wave to you just because you drive the same car...I think not! Go Mazda!
Suggested Improvements
I would say that the exhaust needs to be improved, otherwise nothing. If you really want that clean-cut exhaust sound and other upgrades, then corksport is the company to go with!
By antisnafu
on 04/03/13 05:43 AM (PDT)

I agree with everything you said. I had a 2006 Mazda 3 2.0L, a 2010 Mazdaspeed3, a 2010 Mazda 3 2.5L GT, and currently have the 2012 Mazdaspeed3. The tech package is a no brainer. If you can't afford the extra $30 a month, then quit one of your other vices! Mazdaspeed owners are a fraternity, especially the speed3 crew. Every time I see one we exchange a thumbs up or a wave. If you ever do any upgrades to your Mazdaspeed3, Corksport is the authority. I currently have all Corksport piping before and after the turbo and have run their products on all of my Mazdas. I know people who use their Speed3 as their daily driver and love it due to the 47 cubic feet of cargo space. I also know a few individuals who are running between 300-500+ hp. I think everyone should own one because they are the ultimate affordable, practical, sports car. That being said, I still like that it's quite an exclusive car (exclusive to those of us who know its potential.) Great review and I'm glad I'm not the only one keeping Mazda afloat.