All this for less than $25,000?!?!?!
By dkurtz42 on
2011 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Just picked up Black Mica Speed3 with tech package 3 days ago. Paid EXACTLY the price edmunds TMV said I should including Mazda's current $500 incentive. Under $25,000 including tax (traded in a vehicle to offset costs). About 10 seconds into the ride home and I was never quite as confident of making a good decision when purchasing a new car. You literally cannot stop your self from having fun driving this car. So much value for the price. Once on the highway, I could obtain 30-31 mpg running 60mph in 6th. 2 car seats fit ok in the back. I have to slide my seat forward just a bit when my son rides with me. I wouldn't buy this as your primary family car. Overall VERY pleased. Zoom-Zoom.
Favorite Features
The engine. Can't believe the fun packed into these 263 horses, especially when considering the price and the mpg you can still obtain while pushing it pretty hard. The tech package is worth it, not because of the Navigation, but everything else is great. The Xenon AFS headlights, the Bose system, rain sensing wipers. The advanced key system will make me wonder how I've ever carried a normal key again. Torque steer to me is a favorite feature. It reminds me everytime I need to hang on tight that this machine is not a toy. I love when someone drives it for the first time and the wheel jerks out of their hand and they get a big smile on their face. How is that a bad thing? "Wow" everytime.
Suggested Improvements
These comments are all being very very picky...for this price I really wouldn't change anything, but if you could... The clutch is a little jumpy. Maybe requires some break in time. Not silky smooth. At least have AWD as an option. Mazda could sell a ton more of these in snow states if they had the AWD option. The navigation screen is a little silly. Smallest Nav you've ever seen. Not user friendly at all. Only good if you are truly lost. Then it doesn't seem too bad. Some of the dash materials are great. Around the radio area the plastic material is not so great. Not a big deal to me, but tired of hearing how "refined" the GTI is. Speed3 still runs circle around the GTI.