Impressive for the $$$ spent
By inet_dude on
2011 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
My 2011 MS3 is now 3 weeks old with roughly 1200 miles on it. Just about every review on this site is dead on with observations of handling and power. Mine is in Velocity Red and turns a few heads in my neighborhood as well. Styling is subjective but it's really hard to argue the price-to-performance ratio. Also, I read a lot of criticism about the small multi-function nav screen but I have found mine to be of high quality, great resolution, and it gets me where I want to go without fuss.
Favorite Features
-Tech package is a must-have. -Very roomy with the rear seats folded forward, great for tailgating. -Great supportive seats, even on long trips -Dual AC controls very easy to learn and very powerful AC -Power -Handling -Brakes -Great feeling positive shifter
Suggested Improvements
-If you have ever driven a race-car then this clutch will feel just right to you. Take-up is almost right off the firewall and there is a VERY small engagement range. It is more like an on/off switch clutch. Took some getting used to coming from a less sporting vehicle. A clutch like this enables fast gear changes putting power back on the wheels quickly which is great for track use but requires a learning curve to be smooth on the streets, especially starting from a stop and the 1-2 shift. -There is quite a bit of road noise coming in from the wheels. I'm not sure if that's just the tires or what but some road noise isolation would be a welcome improvement.