You Will Be Surprised!
By TheProf on
2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
For months, I read up on all the info out there on the 2009/2010 MazdaSpeed3, and decided to go for a test drive. The car lived up to its reputation regarding performance and acceleration...it really goes when the turbo kicks in. I bought the car for $450 under dealer invoice at the end of the month. The surprises: The BOSE stereo system is very good, but this is not a "knock-em-dead gorgeous system". The clutch is a little stiff, and can take some time getting use to it. The seats are narrow, and firm. The fog lights work so so in terms of improving vision during foggy nights. The biggest surprise: The gas mileage I am getting....as in 30-32 MPG highway, and mid-20's around town!!
Favorite Features
The acceleration is very real. This car just goes. The torque curve is tremendous. The Navigation system, with GPS and multi-function computer is a delight. Bluetooth ready is a plus. Dashboard design is very attractive. The MPG is over 30 with a tame foot...the air dam must really help here.
Suggested Improvements
No temperature gauge....only a warning light telling you it's too late? That's an opps on the part of Mazda. Go a level higher on the BOSE quality. I was expecting excellent **** sound, but my rating here would be a *** quality sound...but then, I'm a stereo buff. Seats need two inches in width.