Practical Performance Bargain
By Kevin on
2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Nothing from me that contradicts the other positive reviews. I've driven my car for a few months now, and I have to remind myself of how inexpensive this car is; great handling, powerful engine, comfortable interior with loads of standard features, practical and reliable -- all for ~$23K! When I consider how aggressive the exterior styling is, I'm really surprised at how comfortable and civilized the car is. As a middle-aged guy, I tend to feel a bit self- conscious due to the car's styling, but it just drives SO well! Be advised that if you live in an area that gets snow, you should plan on buying a set of snow tires for winter since this car is fitted with summer performance tires.
Favorite Features
Everything you want with nothing you don't - standard. I like not having to pay a grand for a sunroof I'll never use. Dual-zone climate control is an unexpected luxury in a car at this price. Perfectly nice stereo. Plenty of interior storage. Comfortable, supportive seats.
Suggested Improvements
I may be a heretic, but an optional automatic transmission would be nice. Exterior styling isn't for everyone; to be honest, I would prefer something more subtle. In a perfect world, such performance could be had with higher mileage on regular gasoline.