Fun And Practical
By D L Heilemann on
2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
As a still very active adult and recent dog grampa I found my 350Z satisfied all driving urges but I couldn't haul my mountain bike or my dog! I had to have a more practical everyday hauler plus the performance and handling I have always craved. I knew the MazdaSpeed3 had scored very highly in all media tests for the previous 3 years so when an all new 2010 model was announced I began to follow the reports and searched out the internet for spy shots and videos. Long story shot?...I bought the first one in town the day after it arrived! Even in town the 6 speed is a dream to use, the brakes are very impressive and the torque steer some complain about just reminds me to mind the car's power.
Favorite Features
Lift back design, fold down rear seats, large cargo space for a small car. Engine power, torque, plenty of Zoom Zoom! Love the computer/Navi info. It adds to the driving experience BETTER than expected highway mileage. I managed 33.5 mpg on a the return leg from races at Road America.
Suggested Improvements
These old eyes could use a bigger navi screen, but I manage!Have to say I'm not fond of the smiley face front fascia but I chose the black body color as that seems to somewhat mute it's negative impression. I love this car!