2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Consumer Review: 34,000 happy miles!

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 - Consumer Review

34,000 happy miles!
By blackms3 on

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned this baby for 34,000 miles now! First off, this is a really fun car to own. I have three kids (9yrs and 6yr twins) and they fit with no problem in this car (even with boosters). Never get tired of the power this car makes in every gear, passes without downshifting. Fuel eco is not exceptional, but coming out of a 12mpg truck I've at least doubled it. Have to use premium fuel, runs like hell on lower octane fuel. If you live in an area that gets snow you will need a set of winter tires, I don't care how great a driver you think you are, the performance tires on this car are outright dangerous when temps fall in the 30's. All in all I would highly recommend this to anyone!

Favorite Features

POWER! Lets be honest, you are buying this because its a fun car to drive. My wife has a yukon denali with a 6.2 liter and all the bells and whistles, but I would rather be driving my mazda. Interior is 2010 models are lightyears beyond previous models. Not a nice as the GTI's, but the performance will more than make up for that. I rarely see other cars on the road that I wish I owned. This car handles like its on rails, you can slam it into tight turns and it just goes...no body roll or skitishness. Roomy...for a little car there is tons of roam in this thing for kids, groceries, golf bags, luggage...whatever. Compare to similar models and you'll see. The nav screen is perfect.

Suggested Improvements

Ok, this car isn't perfect...these items are annoying but minor. Bose should be embarrased their name is on this radio. The Bose in GMC is 100 times better. Tires produce a lot of road noise (my winter ones are much quieter). Clutch lets out the at the last 10% of throw...again, annoying but fine. Have a squeak around the instrument pod, which is a common complaint. Some complain of torque steer, to me it a reminder that the turbo is working it's magic. One reviewer said driving this car hard is a bit like riding a bull, I couldn't agree more...and that never gets old! You'll need ramps for oil changes...not uncommon for a low sitting car. Give us all the power in first two gears!!