2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Sport 2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (51 reviews )
Best kept secret
By dledezma on 03/24/10 17:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This little bottle rocket is the best kept secret in the auto world for the most fun and fastest car in the economy class. Just got it 4 days ago and wish I could drive it all day!!! If you're looking for an inexpensive super fast, very economical car, this is IT!!

Dollars per horsepower unbeatable
By DG on 02/17/10 18:47 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love the power, the handling, and the overall package. The car drives extremely well. The only issues after 1500 miles have to do with the carbon from the tailpipes that ends up all over the rear of the car. I have owned several turbo cars and carbon build up on the pipes is common. This seems excessive. The car emits a lot of smoke on hard acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear. Overall, it is the best value for the money in terms of horsepower and quality.

The Mazdaspeed 3 changed my mind
By Rube on 11/29/09 09:56 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wonderful small car.... I thought once you go big you will never go small. The mazdaspeed 3 change my mind. You get track car performance in a small vehicle with great utility. I don't have to compromise.

Handles like its on rails!!
By Dre on 11/29/09 06:40 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Got a 2010 MS3 in Black Mica w/tech package at $200 over invoice($24,297).. Great freakin deal!! Love everything about the car.. Wasn't a huge fan about the front grill design, but in black you really cant tell at all.. I plan to upgrade the grill eventually.. Ride comfort is surprisingly good for a sports car.. This thing handles like no other fwd car ive driven.. Feels completely planted and exudes confidence in the corners.. Love the subtle styling cues as well.. People have no idea that this car is fast, unless youre a car person.. Very under the radar.. Bose sound system is excellent and the keyless start will never get old.. Plan to add MS CAI and exhaust once they come out.. FUN FUN!!

Fun And Practical
By D L Heilemann on 11/29/09 06:16 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

As a still very active adult and recent dog grampa I found my 350Z satisfied all driving urges but I couldn't haul my mountain bike or my dog! I had to have a more practical everyday hauler plus the performance and handling I have always craved. I knew the MazdaSpeed3 had scored very highly in all media tests for the previous 3 years so when an all new 2010 model was announced I began to follow the reports and searched out the internet for spy shots and videos. Long story shot?...I bought the first one in town the day after it arrived! Even in town the 6 speed is a dream to use, the brakes are very impressive and the torque steer some complain about just reminds me to mind the car's power.

Black smoke on SPEED3
By zoomzoom19 on 11/23/09 12:30 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this attractive, powerful turbo in early August. This was my first Mazda. Within a week, I noticed black carbon build up on entire rear of the car. The exhaust was covered in black soot. The engine performance seemed fine, but I noticed even after warming up, black smoke continued. I am very gentle with the car. I've owned 7 cars in my 24 driving yrs & I've never seen this. Dealership agreed when I returned to have them look at it. After diagnostic testing, they confirmed w/ USA Mazda that the car was operating in normal conditions. Mazda's customer hot line and technical service reps said the same. I'm looking to return this car. I 'd believe it's normal if it was diesel.

Firecracker
By mrowley on 11/14/09 15:38 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought the MazdaSpeed 3 to provide some driving fun. My other car is an Escalade, which is wonderful for long distance trips, but lacks soul. No such problem with the MazdaSpeed 3 - I have had an almost continuous smile on my face since picking it up. I can't get over the combination of handling, performance, comfort and sheer fun in a car costing $25,000. I've had Saab 9000 turbos, a BMW 735iSE, Toyota MR2s and many other great cars but none was nearly as much fun as this. Brilliant.

Best Value
By M-speed on 11/12/09 13:49 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in a Mazdaspeed MX5. Considered an RX8, but the Speed3 made me smile more. Outstanding all around performance and value. Best performance car I have ever owned. Maybe the best CAR I have ever owned!

Traded a 2007 for 2010
By BAM2010 on 11/01/09 17:53 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just traded my 2007 Mazdaspeed3 for a new 2010 Speed 3. Only have 100 miles, so more on the handling and performance later. But initial impressions are all positive. Quick comments: 2007-09 versus 2010: Facts: Gone are the HID headlights and LED tail lights. Temp gauge is gone BUT now has a turbo boost gauge. I like that trade, but both would be better. Standard stereo is only a single CD changer not 6-disc Rear cargo liner from 07 fits perfect in the 2010. Winter mats from 07 fit fine in rear and OK in the front. Some gaps in front. 16” winter wheels and tires from my 07 fit on the 2010. Lug pattern, and hub diameter are the same. Still no heated mirrors.

not much
By RemusRM on 10/26/09 21:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had my 09 and that was brutal for everyday car. A true sports car. Decided to upgrade to the 2010 and is way more livable. I love the car but it got toned down so much to the level of a 3 series BMW. Is quick but not as the 09. Handles better then the 09. Is quiet and really on spot steering. Way better then anything I have driven

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Hatchback in VA is:

$146 per month*