2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege Consumer Review: Worth the Wait!

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege - Consumer Review

Worth the Wait!
By ajputz on

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

In my 26 years of life, I have owned 6 new cars (4 Hondas, a Mazda MP3, and now Mazdaspeed). None of them compare to the Mazdaspeed! The Mazdaspeed is the best bang for the buck out there. I no longer have to buy a Honda and modify it to get what I want. The extra HP is great, but with the handling capabilities of the car, it could still use even more. The MP3 player is ideal for the long trips, and the bass makes sure everyone stays awake! To bad they only made 250 in Canada, as this car puts a smile on your face every time you get behind the wheel. It was worth the 8 months I waited from time of purchase to delivery!

Love the sound system, seats, brakes, but most of all, the handling. For $21,000 US or $26,995 CDN, you have a car that can handle the slalom course at 68+ MPH (which is better than the Ferrari 360 Spider). The addition of the turbocharger makes it even more fun to drive.

Get ride of torque steer, and keep increasing horse power! Cruise control would be nice for long trips. Turbo timer would also be great even though Mazda does not recommend it.