Too bad I love to drive it...
By CD on
2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege New 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
This is the most fun to drive car I have ever had, and that's the only reason it is still in my driveway. It has its own bay at the service department. I'm there for the same things over and over. I've had a new turbo, a new transmission, sway bar links at least 5 times, a rear subframe, two new alarms, new a/c compressor, multiple coolant leaks, multiple exhaust leaks, new exhaust manifold, the list goes on and on. I'm going to sell it when the warranty runs out, I just hope I can find something as fun to drive as this is when it's not in the shop. (Reviewed by a 32 year old female driving it to work, not a teenager abusing it) .
Favorite Features
Handling is great. I love the look of the interior for an economy car. Interior room is great, even for my 6'5" spouse. I get 28mpg with 50/50 driving and 34mpg on highway only driving. I really like the look of the wheels.
Suggested Improvements
I'm on my 3rd set of tires at 40k miles, (17"). Reliability has been poor. No cruise control. I wish the wiper variable speed were more than one choice.