2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege Consumer Review: A Must-have Fun Sport Sedan

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege - Consumer Review

A Must-have Fun Sport Sedan
By Titus Armstrong on

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I like all Mazdaspeed Protege, SI, Mini Cooper S, SRT-4, WRX, Evo VII, SE-R, SVT, GTi,..... As RX-7 owner, I choose to own a Mazda again. I like the orange color, the 17 inch alloy rims and the interior is one of the niciest !!! The base price of $20,000+ was really light on my wallet. As a successful computer engineer,I still enjoy driving very much, I decided to go with something new to me - a sport little soup-up sedan. I have only put on 150+ miles so far and have not tested the ability of the car yet. But, man, if you have $20,000 + to spare, either get the WRX for 4 season fun or this little turbo-charged Progete for its look and performance.

Stick shift is accurate and fast. The turbo provides a rather linear power boost. The look is very clean and is one of the niciest. The interior color and quality is probably the best in this class !!!! The 17" alloy rims is great looking !!!! Stereo is excellent !!!!

I wish that the factory remote control can be better with remote window lowering/rolling. Tinted window will be a good feature add-on.