2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Protege model:
Orange Sunburst Mazdaspeed Protege
By EFFLUX on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased mine in April or May2003, I love it. Handeling is great, the paint looks like a show paint, (have had multiple comments on it) my only thing is the power/turbo fluctuates. Maybe it's the intercooler could be a little better/bigger. If it's cool outside, that thing will pull and pull, but give it time to warm up...In this Texas heat, 95-102 and humidity out tha ying yang, it makes it tough on it. But if you get aggressive on it, it will wake up for you, just not quite as much pull as on a cool day. The brakes and suspension are excellent . VERY SAFE & RESPONSIVE CAR.

A good, quick, very fun car.
By ica on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The performance is very quick for a front wheel drive. Handling is the best I have ever driven. Gas mileage is very good even when you "Drive Fun". This is not an off the shelf race car like the Dodge SXT-4, but it is fun on a long drive or short trips. Stereo has great sound. Fun! Fun! Fun! and occasional head turns.

One week after delivery....
By jersey_emt on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege Sedan New 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought a Titanium 2003.5 MSP last week. She's broken in already (700+ miles). I'm very happy with my decision. HANDLING: Absolutely AMAZING. This car will take almost anything you throw at it with ease. SUSPENSION: Some people say the ride is too harsh. I disagree. It's not ultra-smooth, but even after a couple of hours on not-so-good roads, it didn't bother me at all. The suspension gives you a great feel for the road without being overly harsh. STEREO: The best stock system I've ever heard. Plays MP3's on CD-R's. 8" Sub in the back puts down some decent bass. The head unit also allows some serious tuning/tweaking.

This car kicks ass!!!!!!
By Chewy on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just bought this car about a week ago. This is without a doubt the best purchase that I have made in my life! The handling is awesome! What's also cool is that I got the car for $18,200 out the door (the 2003.5 just came out). This car is well worth the money. With the amount of money that I had to spend, I was either going to get a Civic SI or the Mazdaspeed. I'm very happy with the choice that I made.

Awsome...
By ramdaspadhye on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege Sedan New 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

To put it lightly, this car was far superior to any car in it's class. Handling and acceleration are awesome... Overall a great car!

I love my Mazdaspeed!
By leadesiree on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege Sedan New 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have the new 2003 1/2 model. This car is fun to drive and handles like a dream. The way it corners (at higher than normal turning speed) is wonderful. It has power under the hood and it is a beautiful machine. It comes factory with an awesome kenwood system and wicked rims. I love this car.

Awesome CAR!!!!
By speedylilMAZDA on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege Sedan New 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is so responsive, I raced it against the new G.T. mustang, and actually beat him, I've added a couple AFTERMARKET goods, turbo timer, intake ext. I just love this car It looks so incredible, It handles like a dream, It races like a RACECAR!!!!! Best car for the money, You don't even have to go out and buy new rims [bigger] there already 17's, you don't need a body kit either, Look at the body already, It is a beautiful car w/ tonz of potential!!!!

Pure Excitement
By Adam james on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege Sedan New 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is pure performance. It may not have the HP of the EVO or WRX but those cars are over priced. The MSP is quick,nible & sleek it's a car that excites you every time you hear the sound of the engine. when I get in my car & hit the road I feel pure excitement w/ the cars tight handeling and quick exceleration. I would say to any one thinking of spending 30-35,000 on an EVO or WRX your wasting your money, you can have it all at 1/2 the price with the MSP. All the options over pricing EVO & WRX are standard on the MSP, sparco shifters & pedals,sporty interior & lets not forget the booming 450 watt kenwood sound system.

I love the Mazda speed
By maskedmessenger on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege Sedan New 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love the Mazda speed it such a fun car to drive and I love the 170 horse power with the turbo charger. I have tested the car on some curves and the handling is awesome. I definitely do not have any trouble passing on the hi-way. I like the fact that I am the only one in town that has one of these cars..it sure is an eye catcher. It is amazing how much power you can get out of a 4 cyl engine.

I love this car!
By Geoffsurfs on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just purchased this car 2 weeks ago and have never had so much fun. I searched for months to find the right car and ever since i drove the msp i was in love. I tried to find flaws that it had and there were really none. It was about 2k more than i planned on spending but, it was well worth it! It is my first new car and i have test-driven them all, trust me this car is sweet. Oh yeah, i chose black....Just as much fun as driving my dads porsche.