2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Protege model:
Wow!
By Cathy McCoppin on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car makes you smile when you drive it! It may be a sedan but don't let that fool you. Performance was the most important thing to me; I like to drive and I like to drive fast. The turbo has a nice kick to it and even though it's a 4 cylinder, you'd never know it! The transmission and steering are tight. Everyone wants to drive my car!

BEST CAR EVER
By aclick_02 on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

JUST BOUGHT THIS CAR. I LOVE IT. SPORTY STLYISH AND ALSO GENUINE!! IT WAS BETWEEN THE MAZDA 6 AND THE SPEED. I WANTED TO BE THE ONLY ONE TO HAVE THIS CAR IN THE AREA. AND I AM. ONLY 650 IN THE USA AND PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR THEM. THIS WAS THE ONLY ON AT THE DEALERSHIP AND I GOT IT. BEST CAR EVER. FAST AND FUN. GET ONE BEFORE ITS TO LATE!!!

My Review
By BlackHawk12326 on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Very nice car lots of power & smokes all other cars.

AWESOME
By CUEBALL424 on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had a MP3 and traded it in for the Mazdaspeed and I love it. They added power of the turbo and traction with the Limited slip differential plus ABS brakes make up for the small diffrence in price.

Mazdaspeed Protege
By Prestwood on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just bought this car last night and was going from a 96 Volvo 850 Turbo. The Protege is not as quick by any means in a straight line (alothough I haven't really run the engine yet) but I can tell you for sure that the handling in this car is great. Very precise and fun. I did't go in to get the orange but I liked it when I saw it in person. The interior is great too. It isn't as luxurious as a Volvo, but neverhteless, a super design.

THE $20000 BEAST
By martin on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I BOUGHT THIS BEAUTIFUL CAR IN DECEMBER AND LET ME TELL YOU IT IS THE BEST CAR ALL AROUND THAT I HAVE BOUGHT. PAYING IT MONTHLY IS NO PROBLEM BECAUSE THE PAYMENTS ARE LOW AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM PAYING SOMETHING AS WORTHY AS THIS. IF YOU LIKE THE HEART OF A SPORTS CAR WITH TREMENDOUS POTENTIAL GET THIS. BY POTENTIAL I MEAN THIS, THIS CAR HAS 170HP IT WAS TESTED TO DO 15.3 WITH THE SAME TURBO AS AN ECLIPSE. NOW THE ECLIPSE DOES 15.2 YET IT HAS 220HP AND IS BOOSTING 12-14 STOCK, THE SPEED IS ONLY BOOSTING 6LBS.

THE $20000 BEAST
By MARTIN on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

A great value for the performance
By Cars4me89 on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a really great car. It has a quick shifting stick shift. TURBO!!! It has a turbocharged engine with 170 horsepower and gets about 27 miles per gallon! Can you beat that? Really fun car to drive.

Kick ass fun
By Triton54 on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just Bought this car this past saturday (12/28/02) and man is this car fun to drive, this car accelerates extreamly well and handles like its nobodys business. I recomend picking one of these up because the way this car drives, its going to be hard to get one.

Zoom Zoom Baby !!!
By Street Toyz on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

If you can find one get your hands on it.Local dealers in South Florida were having trouble with inventory due to a recall prior to delivery. This car is truly a blast to drive, the orange turns heads everywhere you are. Turbo makes all the difference in this car, the stereo is top notch, the brakes and wheels are great. At 20K you almost feel like you are ripping the dealers off. My car seems to have a small problem related to the turbo or the ignition, at around 3000 - 3500rpm it stutters as the turbo kicks in and pulls ya through the 6000rpm mark. Otherwise, Mazda has done it right.