Rocket Powered Go-kart!!
By Mike on
2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I bought the car recently and it's a blast. The tires on it are pretty bad and it STILL handles like it's on rails. It's a quick car once the turbo spools up at about 3500. It's not going to beat a lot of cars on the road there are many many faster cars but that's not why I bought it. It's just plane FUN drop the top crack the Bose up and go! Yeah the comparable S2000 is faster, but you can't hear your tunes in it with that week stereo. I test drove two before I bought the mazdaspeed and i do NOT regret it one bit. It's rated to average 20mpg BULL! When I'm not getting on it I cross shift to 5th or 6th and keep the cruising revs low and get 24-26 AVERAGE. .Enjoy yours and oh yeah ZOOM ZOOM!!
Favorite Features
The cloth drop top. The simply amazing bose stereo, I'm Disc-Jockey and it's crazy loud to me at only half way up. The turbo and upgraded handling package.
Suggested Improvements
A tilt wheel would be greeeeat, with out it if your over 6' 6 1" your not going to fit too well. They could have installed a larger turbo and inter cooler from the factory and made it equal to the S2000 stock. For what it is it's a GREAT car my biggest suggestion is START MAKING THEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!