2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - The Lava Orange Rocket

2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Grand Touring Convertible (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

The Lava Orange Rocket
By Travelador on

2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is absolutely the best sports car I have ever owned, including Porsche. The handling is superb, I just wish I had the ability to drive it to the max. It really surprises the little souped up pocket rockets and the WRX's and Z3's too. I have yet to see another orange Mazdaspeed so it's really in a class of its own. The fit and finish is first class. The performance and gas mileage really improved when I changed the air filter to a K&N. Love the sound of the turbo winding with the nice exhaust note. Highway mileage really running it is around 28MPG with in town mileage averaging 23MPG. Be careful parking head in with the concrete barriers.

Favorite Features

Performance and handling! Bose radio with Sirius in great. The automatic volume control that is speed activated works surprising well. Nothing better than dropping the top and driving along the beach on a warm sunny Florida day. Perfect!

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had cruise control and of course more acceleration. Can't get enough of that. The cup holders are in a unhandy position when shifting, especially the front one.