2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata model:
If it is Miata, buy it
By secil on 07/06/08 01:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It is a rare car, turbo-charged engine powers car great. This is one still called Miata. Mazda people dropped miata name, so pity. New Mazda is not good as Mazdaspeed Miata. If you find one, buy it. It is rare car, I looked for it everywhere. It is hard to find, easy to drive.

Unsatisfied
By aargonaut on 11/21/05 01:26 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this as a replacement for a 2000 BMW Z3 2.3 w/5 speed manual. I've had the Mazda for less than a week and I want to get rid of it. It is quick, turns on a dime, has a good stereo, and is fine to run around in. However, the seats are too soft and uncomfortable, on a rough road my teeth rattle, and I find the 6 speed transmission is geared too close so that I am constantly shifting. I'm getting rid of it as fast as I can. It also gets lousy gas mileage for a small 1.8 liter engine.

I Never Smiled So Much on My Way to Work
By Jeff from Arizona on 08/03/05 14:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had many sports cars in my life, but none have put so many smiles on my face as this little roadster. I used to hate red lights, but now I can't wait for them as I get to run through the gears. It's not the fastest, but you will definitely be in a close second for about 20K+ less than the other guys. Lots of looks and people trying to figure out how a Miata got a hold of some steroids. I live and drive in beautiful Arizona and with this car the views don't get much better. Do yourself a favor a take one for a test drive. Go look at the S2000, Z4, Solstice (whenever it comes out; I drove one of the first Pontiac Fiero's off the line, and I won't ever do that again) -- you'll get MX-5.

Miata MX-5 turbo
By tim kemp on 07/09/05 23:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

PROS: fun to drive! Quick with a turbo boost you can really feel. Handles well. Dash and instrument lay-out and quality of interior is excellent. Not an automatic drop-top but so easy to do it doesn't matter. Friends take one look and say "this is not your ordinary Miata". CONS: short leg room (needs cruise control for long drive). Weak A/C in hot weather, but adequate.

Mazda Miata "Best Bang for the Buck"
By Carol Scott on 07/07/05 06:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I own several performance cars, a Superformance 427" Cobra among them. The Miata offers the best road handling performance of all. Although not as fast as the Cobra in acceleration, it handles far better. Interior arrangements are above average for a car in this price range.The body style is perfect, and looks like a much more expensive sports car.

This is my 3rd Miata - I love them!
By susanjo on 05/26/05 10:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was hooked on the Miata even before my husband said the test of our first Miata purchase was whether or not a set of golf clubs fit in the trunk. They did and now I'm on my 3rd MX-5 - the first two red and this one all black. Not only is it the most reliable car I've ever had, but it is so much fun and even though I'm 54 years old, truck drivers still honk at me (really at the car) when I'm on the highway!

My Speed
By Jim Westfall on 03/14/05 21:29 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am a motorcycle rider and the Speed is nearly as much fun as a good fast bike.

Last of the red hot roadsters
By Kevin on 03/10/05 20:08 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is everything that the Miata is famous for. The Mazdaspeed is the best roadster made better. It is the end of one of the greatest roadsters ever made. The next generation MX-5 has a multi-link rear supension and they have dropped the Miata name plate. The Mazdaspeed is a limited edition so get one while you can. It will become a sought after and rare car. Enjoy!

Most fun around $25K
By jersey_emt on 02/23/05 23:52 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the most fun a $25,000 car can give. The combination of a nearly perfect chassis and handling with a fairly stout motor is sublime. Another 30-40 rear wheel HP would make a big difference and would not upset the amazing balance this car has.

zoom-zooom
By kevin on 02/17/05 11:21 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Before you say anything about this car, get into one and drive it. The control this car has is incredible, and it has a tiny engine that packs a wallop. I have also learned it is very easy to give this car a lot more power. This car is great.