what a blast
By manny on
2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)
love the drive , had a boxster previously and was sick of all the porsche hype . This miata is half the cost and twice the fun . The handling is incredible and the turbo lag is really non-existent . Performs extremely well on the bends and turns . No oversteer or understeer it goes where I point it . Unbeleivable body rigidity for a ragtop. I really like the fact that it handles and drives like a go-kart with an adequate amount of practicality . This is one of the most fun vehicles I have ever driven , can't seem to get the smile off my face . The torque band is exactly where it should be for a vehicle of this weight.
Favorite Features
Short shift , very nice . 17 inch wheels look awesome and are very functional. The spoilers are not too bold but make a statement. I love the color , red with gold metalic . Interior is well appointed again not too bold but just enough to say COOL .
Suggested Improvements
More trunk space . My boxster had tones of space with the mid engine design. Front stabilizer bar should be a smaller diameter , with the strut stifner in place the front end is a slight bit harsh .