2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: The Mazdaspeed Miata is a Grea

2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

The Mazdaspeed Miata is a Great Car
By Roger Tilton on

2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car at a fantastic value. The only real competitor is the Honda S2000 for several thousand more. But this Miata is a much more beautiful car than the S2000 and the special edition red is awesome looking. Also the Miata has a superior Bose stereo system and a better looking interior. The stereo even sounds fantastic at 90mph with the top down. It isn't super fast 0-60, but it has more torque than the Honda and has really good acceleration at higher speeds. I test drove a Porsche Boxter and found this Miata more fun to drive and for 20 grand less. As an owner of 2 previous Miatas I can say that the Miata is as reliable a car as you can find.

Favorite Features

The red mazdaspeed Miata is an incredibly beautiful car. Two days ago someone walking by told me it was a work of art. The Bose stereo system is great. The performance is very good, and it's really fun to drive. Mazda doesn't cut any corners on this car.

Suggested Improvements

I guess you can always wish for more power, but this car does have very good power. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing.