Not your sister's Miata
By JAdrianB on
2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Searched high and low for a replacement for my MG. The S2000 was too bumpy and loud, German cars are too pricey, unreliable, and pretentious. One drive in this was all it took. I have about 1500 (s)miles on it and my only complaint is that it attracted somebody's fist while parked downtown and now I have to repaint the door. Anyone who gets near or gets to ride in this car is amazed at the styling, power, and handling. That kick at 4500rpm is fantastic. Mazdaspeed went to a lot of trouble designing this car, and we almost get their modifications for free. Plus their turbo comes with a full warranty!
Favorite Features
Turbo(!), exterior design, handling, maneuverability, cloth top, and rear glass window. This car was almost exactly what I was looking for. Beautiful, stunning paint, especially in the sun. The word Miata is not written on it anywhere. Those grippy tires and those 17" wheels.
Suggested Improvements
Hidden cup holders look nice, but get in the way when lids are flipped up. Sometimes hard to shift from 5th to 6th (wants to go to 4th). Audio system is substandard. Needs autodimming rearview mirror and xenon HID headlights. Would prefer AT with sport shift (paddle like Tiptronic).