fun car to drive
By da chiangsta on
2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Outstanding car for local driving, I only wish I could say the same about the highway. At 60 mph on the highway at 6th gear, the car is at 3000 RPMs. This is by far one of the best handling cars you can get for its price range. The engine is very responsive but it's missing a little bit of power on take off; you don't really see its power until you hit about 5K RPMs. The 6 speed manual shifter and clutch is great after I broke it in; it shifts quiet, short throw and easy. The interior is nice, but I won't recommend the leather package especially in Hawaii. It gets too hot in the car during the day. All the instruments are easy to find and not complicated to use. The 17 inch rims looks great.
Favorite Features
The Pinpoint steering is awesome. All the instruments in the interior are easy to find and use. The BOSE sound system is perfect for the little car. This generation looks far more masculine than the last generation. The suspension is superb. The last but not least is the 17 inch wheels.
Suggested Improvements
If the turbo Boost can start at around 3K RPMs, the car would be soo much more fun to drive. The car needs to be more highway friendly by changing its gear ratio. Cruise control and tilt steering would be nice. As small as I am, I still find the interior a little small.