Beauty and the beast
By slaker on
2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)
The MS miata is a real work of art.The style can't be beat at any price. This car has the ability to put a smile on your face moving or standing still. The transmission needed to be broken in, for the first 1000 miles I was wondering if this new beefed up trany was ever going to shift smoothly like my loved 1990,then like magic, the trany went from stiff and bulky,(actually missing gears or refusing to go in altogether, Revlimiter was used many times because the shift was too slow in engaging.) to smooth and precise the way miata's have always been.The handling is razor sharp this little car hauls a$$. The cockpit fits like a glove(it's great to be average). Finally I can get over my 1990.
Favorite Features
Looks, the Red may be better looking but the gray is more masculine. Handling, shifting,over all "oneness" defines this car. Value, I paid under 24 with the leather and fabric top. Speaking of the top, excellent design. ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM.
Suggested Improvements
Hey mazda give us more rev. 6500rpm is just getting into the beef, another grand would do, you know the engine can handle it. Cup holders are useless when trying to shift. The dead pedal is made for a size 6.The gas mileage is only fair, around 20 mpg. but over all a well thought out SPORTS CAR