2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews 5

2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (51 reviews )
Mazdaspeed
By RonHex27 on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Even after owning a modified '94 M Edition, I had a smile on my face for about a half-hour after test driving the Mazdaspeed. The body stiffening and other extras make this a real blast to drive, especially on switchbacks.

Turbo Miata
By WTuck462 on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded my 2001 Miata LS in on this one. The performance, quality, and pure fun to drive is what makes this car a practically unbeatable value and in my opinion is a much better car than those priced a lot higher. I can't help but get a big smile on my face when I hear the turbo whistle and feel the power come on as it spools up. It's a blast to drive and a head turner too.

Mazda's real Zoom-Zoom
By MiataKev on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have a 94 red Miata that is more race car now than stock but this week I bought the new Mazdaspeed Miata and I'm very impressed. This car is so quick it is scary. I only have 180 miles on it so I am still in the "Break-in" period. I can't wait to get 600 miles on it so I can really open it up. I think it is so much faster than Mazda is telling people. The engine bay is beautiful to look at as well. Everyone has been impressed with it. This car is like a show car from the factory!

My zoom-zoom
By Anna B on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I needed a summer car with good gas milage... and this is the one!!! It handles great... I love to take the turns fast... it's got plenty of get up and go for a little car. The Bose sound system is amazing! I hope we have a LONG summer here! It looks great but I'm not looking forward to the day I have to replace the tires!

one fun car
By roussos on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is it. the best convertable for its price. It handles as well as any sports car, great stability in turns, very good excelleration, respectable gas mileage. The stero is a definite upgrade with the 6-disc changer and 6 speakers. the suspension is much tighter, allowing you to hang in there on the curves. Just like the old miatas but the premium version.

Good Times
By Kildozer on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my third Miata in 7 years. I have enjoyed everyone and this one makes its way to the top of the list. I always said that the car just needed a little extra under the hood. I have driven the competition, S2000, 350 Z, BMW, and the likes, but you just cannot get a better car for the money. From the informative support of other owners to the plain old fun factor of the car. The Mazda Speed Miata is worth at least a test drive!

Couldn't Wait
By velocityred on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I couldn't wait to get this car! Our family has owned Mazdas for years. We have owned 3 RX-7's, 3 626's, a Miata, and currently have a Mazda 6. I just traded a '92 Miata for the Mazdaspeed Miata. I couldn't be more pleased. Tremendous pickup, all the bells and whistles you want, surprisingly quiet ride, outstanding good looks, top-notch detailing.

great best miata yet
By da_kidnappa on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This miata is a great one I have owned 5 of them so far. This one really makes you think your going fast even when your not, i also enjoy the new turbocharged sound as well as the tighter suspension.

The Mazdaspeed Miata is a Great Car
By Roger Tilton on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car at a fantastic value. The only real competitor is the Honda S2000 for several thousand more. But this Miata is a much more beautiful car than the S2000 and the special edition red is awesome looking. Also the Miata has a superior Bose stereo system and a better looking interior. The stereo even sounds fantastic at 90mph with the top down. It isn't super fast 0-60, but it has more torque than the Honda and has really good acceleration at higher speeds. I test drove a Porsche Boxter and found this Miata more fun to drive and for 20 grand less. As an owner of 2 previous Miatas I can say that the Miata is as reliable a car as you can find.

One fast little Miata
By Miata Man on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We already owned a 1993 Miata when I saw the MX-5 Mazdaspeed on the Mazda website. We bought a Titanium Gray Mettalic one the next day! I was impressed by the added power of the turbo while still keeping the engine smooth. The suspension improvements also made car handle much better. The interior is comfortable and very user friendly, a big improvement from our 1993. The trunk, while still small, still holds most of the items we put into it - however some planning is usually required. The best part is the looks we get while driving it!