Zoom Zoom not just a catchy jingle!
By Mr. Mcfly on
2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Owned my Mazdaspeed6 for over a month, and I'm enjoying every moment of it. This car truly defines my idea of a sport sedan. 270 bhp, a 6-speed manual, quick handling, and a comfortable interior. Its 'sleeper' looks keeps red light racers as well as the law looking elsewhere. A slight adjustment to the clutch pedal height has smoothed out an otherwise awkward (high) clutch, but nothing to cry about. Mazda was right to keep the slush box out of this car, as a true driving enthusiast would never want an auto. The car moves thru turns beautifully. The ride is stiff, as you would expect, but not so stiff it's bone rattling. I find myself smiling a lot more than I used to... I wonder why?!
Favorite Features
Fast...Zoom Zoom. Handles well. Interior is comfortable (I'm 6'5"), and roomy. Enough adjustment to make most people comfortable driving. Sleeper styling keeps unwanted attraction to a minimum. Not many around, adds to its appeal.
Suggested Improvements
On/off clutch isn't user friendly in city driving. Lower RPM shifts (cruisin') take getting used to, otherwise jerky. A set of boost/engine gauges would have rounded out the 'enthusiast' cockpit nicely. Stereo display is in weird spot, takes getting used to. Nicer front grill, like the 6s.