2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Wow- what a great car

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 - Consumer Review

Grand Touring Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

Wow- what a great car
By paganpink on

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned dozens and dozens of cars over the last 40 years and I presently have a Ford Lightning and a Suzuki Hayabusa as well so I wanted a four door that wouldn't lean in turns so badly that it would scare me in an emergency, or had mediocre brakes when I am used to having truly great binders verging on racing brakes (especially on my bike) that can get me out of trouble if necessary. I love this car. I had a Mazda 3 before that I had sold an Acura CL type S to buy and never regretted it for one minute. Mazda is simply world class in giving you great handling with very little compromise in the ride quality. The Speed6 excels in every way and it's better than the Porsche Boxster I had.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive- you drive on a wet surface and it's like you haven't lost anything- traction, acceleration, braking,turning compared to a dry road. How inspiring (& confidence building)is that in a heavy downpour? The stability control is so unobtrusive it allow some wheel spin and drifting!

Suggested Improvements

Always: more horsepower/ bigger tires. Needs auto headlights & rain sensing wipers as on the Mazda 3. Better sound system and more memory cache for the satellite radio. Could use a little more cache in the styling; maybe a hood scoop? Love the stealth aspect. No space around the muffler tip covers!