Tops in its class
By Pylon1 on
2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I used to be the proud owner of a 2005 RX-8, which I loved, but due to reliability issues (blown engine at 36K miles) and poor fuel economy I decided to look for a replacement. It took something really special for me to give up my RX-8, and the Mazdaspeed 6 was just that. This car is faster than my RX-8 and way more torque down low. Handling is real close to sports car territory even though it is a sedan. More of a grown up hot rod, but a little too much so, a bit more flash would be nice. Also very luxurious, tons of features, and great fuel economy for it's performance level (0-60 time close to a Mustang GT and avgs between 23 and 26 mpg most of the time, try getting that in a stang)
Favorite Features
Tons of horsepower & torque, sharp looks, great fuel economy to performance ratio (the base 4-cyl Mazda6 gets the same mpg and has about half the bhp!), tight handling, every amenity under the sun (grand touring model), AWD, 18" alloys, only available in manual trans (the way nature intended!)
Suggested Improvements
A bit too plain (not much to differentiate itself from the regular Mazda 6 looks), A little bit lower suspension would be nice to give it even more of a sports car feel. Not much else, this car is darn near perfect