This Car is a Rocket on Rails!
By Ron on
2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I needed a new family car (I have 3 teenage sons) and had a realistic budget to stick to. I had a deposit down on a Honda Si and had taken a new GTI for a spin. I saw a MazdaSpeed6, looked up the info. on the internet, took the car for a test drive - it was so quick that I scared myself and had to pull over to take a breather with a huge grin on my face. Tons of power, handles like it's glued, cruises great, interior is spot on, exterior is understated. I like that it is a sleeper. I drive spirited - can't wait for my next errand. I have not seen even one other on the road since leased back in 8/06.
Favorite Features
AWD, turbo kicks in immediately, razor handling, comfort, dash and interior layout. The car is a blast. Great total package! Should be measured in smiles and adrenalin rush per mile! Performance/dollar is unmatched. This is a real total package - get everything, give up nothing! Now 7.5K miles.
Suggested Improvements
Gauge needles on the tach/speedo need to be white, they get lost blending in with the orange lighting - before you know it the needles are pointing to 12 o'clock, which is 90mph - OOPS! Gas mileage - I average 21mpg. I try to drive conservatively, can't help myself! Not a fan of the stock wheels.