All around winner
By John K on
2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I just purchased a used 2007 Mazdaspeed GT with 24K miles. My wife didn't like the way it looked and wanted an Acura TL. I convinced her to give it a try for a week (Carmax gave us 5 days to return (!) the car with no fee). She drove it home and was blown away. She said it felt like driving a fighter jet. This car has visceral appeal that wins you over. However, rides a bit rough on bad city roads and a bit noisy on bad freeways (good roads are actually really nice, though). Amazing acceleration at highway/street speeds and LESS shifting because of torque. Only thing...I was worried by reports of some reliability issues...well, heard a small noise and took it in...see below...
Favorite Features
Acceleration, amazing handling, mid 20s mpg, amazing backseat space, very usable trunk space, keyless entry, more comfortable higher seating position than Legacy and others, clutch/shifter very precise (no issues with ease on 2007s), grown-up looking, but not too fancy, hides the speed obsession.
Suggested Improvements
After driving it home, I noticed a small noise in rear and the dealer chose to replace the rear differential(!) (under warranty). I hope this does not bode ill for the future. Also lighter steering and perhaps better damping suspension and quieter interior. Hope reliability measures up!