2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great all around "sleeper" sedan

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 - Consumer Review

Grand Touring Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

Great all around "sleeper" sedan
By Dandy Don on

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After the recent ice storm I was struck again by how great it is to have all wheel drive. It is very transparent and usually unneeded by me living in the Southwest, but super whenever it rains and a Godsend in ice and snow. I still love the push in the back from the turbo's midrange torque and the great handling and reliability. I average a little under 20mpg because I can't keep my foot out of it, as many BMW and Mercedes owners have found out along with a few Camaro's. Great car and a sleeper in any race!

Favorite Features

Baeutiful stitched leather seats, handling, performance, extraordinary brakes, best(and fastest)heated seats made, amazingly loaded for the money and faster than my BMW 3 series. Completely reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Shifter is a little notchy, odd power band; unusual slump in horsepower at the very top of the RPM range which feels like it runs out of breath in spite of the power it develops.