Eat Dust
By Speed666 on
2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I am 23, am an extreme enthusiast and let me say I could not be more proud of my Mazda. I blow pretty much every comparable car out of the water. Better performance than an equally equipped 2008 WRX, and still better gas mileage all thanks to direct injection to the spark plugs. Thanks to the incredibly intelligent AWD system, being able to drive 100+mph in the rain brings a sense of extreme satisfaction. I never drive with traction on unless its snowing. DSC prevents 5800rpm shifts, very sharp turns, and launches, and can actually end up killing you because its so intrusive. AWD system is obviously one of the best ever made. You straight up embarass most cars out there for under 30k.
Favorite Features
FWD biased AWD is incredible for weather and predictability. Black on Black is gorgeous. Use the 7k differce between the EVO/STi price tag, and get yourself a bunch of bolt-ons that add about 20hp ATW each. Red gauges are simple and perfect. The launch on this car destroys ANY single axle drive car.
Suggested Improvements
The exhaust and intake alone restrict this car aprox 50hp. Chrome accents are for idiots, all new mazda tail lights need to die. Seats need better side bolstering. Bose soundsystem doesn't compete with any other premium sound system. 200 watts is lame. Mazdaspeed CAI should have been standard.