Used 2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed 6 model:

Eat Dust
By Speed666

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am 23, am an extreme enthusiast and let me say I could not be more proud of my Mazda. I blow pretty much every comparable car out of the water. Better performance than an equally equipped 2008 WRX, and still better gas mileage all thanks to direct injection to the spark plugs. Thanks to the incredibly intelligent AWD system, being able to drive 100+mph in the rain brings a sense of extreme satisfaction. I never drive with traction on unless its snowing. DSC prevents 5800rpm shifts, very sharp turns, and launches, and can actually end up killing you because its so intrusive. AWD system is obviously one of the best ever made. You straight up embarass most cars out there for under 30k.

Favorite Features

FWD biased AWD is incredible for weather and predictability. Black on Black is gorgeous. Use the 7k differce between the EVO/STi price tag, and get yourself a bunch of bolt-ons that add about 20hp ATW each. Red gauges are simple and perfect. The launch on this car destroys ANY single axle drive car.

Suggested Improvements

The exhaust and intake alone restrict this car aprox 50hp. Chrome accents are for idiots, all new mazda tail lights need to die. Seats need better side bolstering. Bose soundsystem doesn't compete with any other premium sound system. 200 watts is lame. Mazdaspeed CAI should have been standard.

2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED MAZDA6
By Taylor M.

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I''m an 18 yr old male, so I was looking for the fastest car for my high shcool grad present. I tell people that this car is based on performance, but does not lack at comfort, style, fit and finish, or anything for that matter. The clutch could be a little more sporty, and its not full time 4wd, it's 2wd until only when you need 4, and those are the only things that don't throw a smile on my face instantly. I was looking at a wrx sti and the evo, and this is def in that class. I get like 20-21 mpg primarily in the city, and I'm not shy about using all the rpms. It'll beat your friends cars in performance, looks better, probably costs a little more, but it's all about priorities.

Favorite Features

Torque from a 4 banger, horsepower, not much turbo lag, cornering abilities, sound system, virtually keyless, short throw shifter. Smooth ride, fit and finish, big cabin, interier/exterior looks. The best thing; blowing doors off people at any speed.

Suggested Improvements

Sportier clutch, more power to the rear wheels, (it's usually 100% front wheel until you need the rear) first 2 gears are kinda short, (shift at 20, then 35).

Speed 6
By speed6pdx

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Gearing definitely takes some time to get used to but worth it! Fast car. I have owned a BMW 328 6 cylinder that doesnt compare with the performance of this car!

The Most Underrated Car!
By Jeremy

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I would have to say that the MS6 is one of the most underrated cars on the market today. Its styling is very subdued and classy, not flashy and obtrusive, which I think helps its appeal. The interior is clean looking with on fuss. The electroluminescent gauges are cool and glow a nice red-orange color. But the defining feature of this car is the performance. This car is awesome! Handles very well, for how large it is, without a harsh ride. Acceleration is in-your-face fast! And the AWD is great for slippery surfaces, especially snow, just needs better tires. Tame when it needs to be, and extremely fast in every way when you want it to.

Favorite Features

Turbo engine, AWD, good gas milage for performance, comfortable seats, stable at high speeds, great sounding engine and exhaust note, great Bose stereo, exclusivity, awesome brakes, and lots of room for tall people (I am 6'3").

Suggested Improvements

Better tires (all season means no season), small courtesy light to illuminate shifter at night, and a bit more precision in the shifter feel, especially through 1st and 2nd.

speed 6
By Sam

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

At 3000 miles is the best car I have had and I have had a lot. Wife and I get new cars every 3 or 4 years.

Favorite Features

Performance. Compared to cars in its class its not only better its cheaper.

Suggested Improvements

None