2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda6 model:
Eat Dust
By Speed666 on 06/14/08 23:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am 23, am an extreme enthusiast and let me say I could not be more proud of my Mazda. I blow pretty much every comparable car out of the water. Better performance than an equally equipped 2008 WRX, and still better gas mileage all thanks to direct injection to the spark plugs. Thanks to the incredibly intelligent AWD system, being able to drive 100+mph in the rain brings a sense of extreme satisfaction. I never drive with traction on unless its snowing. DSC prevents 5800rpm shifts, very sharp turns, and launches, and can actually end up killing you because its so intrusive. AWD system is obviously one of the best ever made. You straight up embarass most cars out there for under 30k.

2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED MAZDA6
By Taylor M. on 03/30/08 20:57 PM (PDT)

I''m an 18 yr old male, so I was looking for the fastest car for my high shcool grad present. I tell people that this car is based on performance, but does not lack at comfort, style, fit and finish, or anything for that matter. The clutch could be a little more sporty, and its not full time 4wd, it's 2wd until only when you need 4, and those are the only things that don't throw a smile on my face instantly. I was looking at a wrx sti and the evo, and this is def in that class. I get like 20-21 mpg primarily in the city, and I'm not shy about using all the rpms. It'll beat your friends cars in performance, looks better, probably costs a little more, but it's all about priorities.

Great ride
By sp on 03/25/08 16:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

In 18000 miles now, I've been to the dealership 5 times, 4 for service, and once for a check engine light (put crappy gas in it), handles very well, a lot of fun in the rain/snow with traction controll off. Quick off the line. Not quite an STI in performance (heavier and less hp) but really comfortable and a lot nicer inside. Have no doubts about taking clients out in it.

ValueSpeed6
By SpeedZ on 03/18/08 15:24 PM (PDT)

I bought the last MS6 that I could find in the cities of Madison, Chicago, Milwaukee and Indianapolis. The car is a great deal and really, really fast. I just got rid of a 2002 5-series (with the 2.5 engine) and this car just smokes it at any speed and is much more agile. Even going from 70 to 90 MPH is a very quick surge. There is just a bit of turbo lag, but it's minimal. A great car.

Speed 6
By speed6pdx on 02/16/08 16:50 PM (PST)

Gearing definitely takes some time to get used to but worth it! Fast car. I have owned a BMW 328 6 cylinder that doesnt compare with the performance of this car!

I love this car!!
By speed6Cincy on 12/30/07 07:34 AM (PST)

I traded in two vehicles before buying my Speed6, a Dodge Ram 1500 and a Ford Focus ZX4 sedan. This car blows them both out of the water by a mile in terms of quality and character. I cross-shopped a few different cars, mainly the Mazdaspeed 3, Volkswagen GTI Fahrenheit, Volkswagen R32, Subaru Legacy GT. I've driven 1000 miles already in 2 weeks, and I absolutely love this car. I find excuses to run errands, and it makes my daily 90 mile commute something to look forward to. Best vehicle I've ever owned, and this is my 7th car.

The Most Underrated Car!
By Jeremy on 12/22/07 10:57 AM (PST)

I would have to say that the MS6 is one of the most underrated cars on the market today. Its styling is very subdued and classy, not flashy and obtrusive, which I think helps its appeal. The interior is clean looking with on fuss. The electroluminescent gauges are cool and glow a nice red-orange color. But the defining feature of this car is the performance. This car is awesome! Handles very well, for how large it is, without a harsh ride. Acceleration is in-your-face fast! And the AWD is great for slippery surfaces, especially snow, just needs better tires. Tame when it needs to be, and extremely fast in every way when you want it to.

speed 6
By Sam on 12/13/07 22:13 PM (PST)

At 3000 miles is the best car I have had and I have had a lot. Wife and I get new cars every 3 or 4 years.

Better everyday!
By Scott on 12/11/07 18:36 PM (PST)

I usually have an idea on what car I like and go and buy it without trying any other cars. I do my internet research, but I am not usually one to go and drive a bunch of cars. I have owned BMW, Audi, Ford, Toyota, Jeep, Saturn, Lexus, and Nissan. Now, this is my first Mazda and let me tell you if will not disappoint. I have so many comments on its exterior design and how the lines are clean and they flow. This car drives like a dream and is TIGHT. I am very picky about tight steering and no rattles.

Automotive weapon (carry concealed)
By Lance on 11/08/07 12:34 PM (PST)

For those of us who don't want to catch the eye of a policeman or look like a Fast&Furious reject, the MS6 is ideal. Like carrying a concealed weapon, you don't have to scare the mundanes as you go about your daily business... but the potential is there when you want to bring it out. With the exception of a heavy short-throw clutch and burly centering-springs on the shifter that need a while to get used to, this is an easy car to drive well. Its poise and balance rival a BMW 335 or Audi A4, and for so much less cash. The interior polish isn't quite up to those standards, but whaddaya want for 27K? Highly recommended for gearheads who don't want to hang with the baggy-pants set.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.