Used 2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Grand Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed-mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda6 model:

Best bang for buck after a few tweaks
By Evidence01

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Excellent drive, poise and performance. In the winter it is great in snowy Ottawa. 2 seasons of SoloII and SoloI on the tracks, fantastic. There are some gripes. Namely due to the price some components were how i say "left cheap". Being a mod freak, this car serves as an example of what 1000$ of aftermarket parts can do. Purchase a short shifter to replace the mushy shifter feel, drop in cold air intake and a rear engine mount and immediately you have what this car should have been out of the factory, pulls hard now until redline, shifts are precise and no more engine thuds on hard starts. For the price, the 1000$ is negligible and actually fun to do if you are into cars. Now it is perfect

Favorite Features

low end torque enormous mid-range power price to performance AWD

Suggested Improvements

see my review

Great all around "sleeper" sedan
By Dandy Don

After the recent ice storm I was struck again by how great it is to have all wheel drive. It is very transparent and usually unneeded by me living in the Southwest, but super whenever it rains and a Godsend in ice and snow. I still love the push in the back from the turbo's midrange torque and the great handling and reliability. I average a little under 20mpg because I can't keep my foot out of it, as many BMW and Mercedes owners have found out along with a few Camaro's. Great car and a sleeper in any race!

Favorite Features

Baeutiful stitched leather seats, handling, performance, extraordinary brakes, best(and fastest)heated seats made, amazingly loaded for the money and faster than my BMW 3 series. Completely reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Shifter is a little notchy, odd power band; unusual slump in horsepower at the very top of the RPM range which feels like it runs out of breath in spite of the power it develops.

Reliable AND fast for under 30k?
By paganpink

I've had the car for a year now and have had no problems whatsoever. It is still startling fast, especially in the midrange, and has an amazing amount of torque for a 4 cylinder. That allows me to even skip shifts up to higher gears when I feel like it, and doesn't call for me to constantly stay in a certain RPM range like so many turbo's that have more horsepower than torque. I love AWD and the great job Mazda did with the software settings that control the suspension based on driving and the road conditions. I get over 20 MPG avg. and well over 25 on the highway.

Favorite Features

AWD, great body lines, direct injection w/turbo that gives high horsepower and torque from a 2.3 L four cylinder at over 20 mpg in a sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Rain sensing wipers and auto headlights.

Wow- what a great car
By paganpink

I have owned dozens and dozens of cars over the last 40 years and I presently have a Ford Lightning and a Suzuki Hayabusa as well so I wanted a four door that wouldn't lean in turns so badly that it would scare me in an emergency, or had mediocre brakes when I am used to having truly great binders verging on racing brakes (especially on my bike) that can get me out of trouble if necessary. I love this car. I had a Mazda 3 before that I had sold an Acura CL type S to buy and never regretted it for one minute. Mazda is simply world class in giving you great handling with very little compromise in the ride quality. The Speed6 excels in every way and it's better than the Porsche Boxster I had.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive- you drive on a wet surface and it's like you haven't lost anything- traction, acceleration, braking,turning compared to a dry road. How inspiring (& confidence building)is that in a heavy downpour? The stability control is so unobtrusive it allow some wheel spin and drifting!

Suggested Improvements

Always: more horsepower/ bigger tires. Needs auto headlights & rain sensing wipers as on the Mazda 3. Better sound system and more memory cache for the satellite radio. Could use a little more cache in the styling; maybe a hood scoop? Love the stealth aspect. No space around the muffler tip covers!

Tops in its class
By Pylon1

I used to be the proud owner of a 2005 RX-8, which I loved, but due to reliability issues (blown engine at 36K miles) and poor fuel economy I decided to look for a replacement. It took something really special for me to give up my RX-8, and the Mazdaspeed 6 was just that. This car is faster than my RX-8 and way more torque down low. Handling is real close to sports car territory even though it is a sedan. More of a grown up hot rod, but a little too much so, a bit more flash would be nice. Also very luxurious, tons of features, and great fuel economy for it's performance level (0-60 time close to a Mustang GT and avgs between 23 and 26 mpg most of the time, try getting that in a stang)

Favorite Features

Tons of horsepower & torque, sharp looks, great fuel economy to performance ratio (the base 4-cyl Mazda6 gets the same mpg and has about half the bhp!), tight handling, every amenity under the sun (grand touring model), AWD, 18" alloys, only available in manual trans (the way nature intended!)

Suggested Improvements

A bit too plain (not much to differentiate itself from the regular Mazda 6 looks), A little bit lower suspension would be nice to give it even more of a sports car feel. Not much else, this car is darn near perfect