2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda6 model:
2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED MAZDA6
By Taylor M. on 03/30/08 20:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I''m an 18 yr old male, so I was looking for the fastest car for my high shcool grad present. I tell people that this car is based on performance, but does not lack at comfort, style, fit and finish, or anything for that matter. The clutch could be a little more sporty, and its not full time 4wd, it's 2wd until only when you need 4, and those are the only things that don't throw a smile on my face instantly. I was looking at a wrx sti and the evo, and this is def in that class. I get like 20-21 mpg primarily in the city, and I'm not shy about using all the rpms. It'll beat your friends cars in performance, looks better, probably costs a little more, but it's all about priorities.

Speed 6
By speed6pdx on 02/16/08 16:50 PM (PST)

Gearing definitely takes some time to get used to but worth it! Fast car. I have owned a BMW 328 6 cylinder that doesnt compare with the performance of this car!

The Most Underrated Car!
By Jeremy on 12/22/07 10:57 AM (PST)

I would have to say that the MS6 is one of the most underrated cars on the market today. Its styling is very subdued and classy, not flashy and obtrusive, which I think helps its appeal. The interior is clean looking with on fuss. The electroluminescent gauges are cool and glow a nice red-orange color. But the defining feature of this car is the performance. This car is awesome! Handles very well, for how large it is, without a harsh ride. Acceleration is in-your-face fast! And the AWD is great for slippery surfaces, especially snow, just needs better tires. Tame when it needs to be, and extremely fast in every way when you want it to.

speed 6
By Sam on 12/13/07 22:13 PM (PST)

At 3000 miles is the best car I have had and I have had a lot. Wife and I get new cars every 3 or 4 years.

Automotive weapon (carry concealed)
By Lance on 11/08/07 12:34 PM (PST)

For those of us who don't want to catch the eye of a policeman or look like a Fast&Furious reject, the MS6 is ideal. Like carrying a concealed weapon, you don't have to scare the mundanes as you go about your daily business... but the potential is there when you want to bring it out. With the exception of a heavy short-throw clutch and burly centering-springs on the shifter that need a while to get used to, this is an easy car to drive well. Its poise and balance rival a BMW 335 or Audi A4, and for so much less cash. The interior polish isn't quite up to those standards, but whaddaya want for 27K? Highly recommended for gearheads who don't want to hang with the baggy-pants set.

Best sport sedan under $60k for $30k!
By paganpink on 10/26/07 08:54 AM (PDT)

What a great car. The AWD ensures no torque steer and enhances handling, Mazda gets 270 horsepower (!) from a 2.3 liter 4 giving both great gas mpg and huge performance partly due to the direct injection - runs much cooler, and allows them to put the intercooler on top of the engine and route the ram air into a sealed box around it just like old muscle cars. Extraordinary handling as good as an M3/Audi RS6 with better reliability. Short throw 6 w/3 engine maps, normal/sport/snow, is a great idea. Heavy steering and heavy clutch problems don't exist in '07 so Mazda musta listened.The '07 Speed6 at $30k is simply the best sport sedan under $60k made. They only built about 4k of em so hurry!

MazdaSpeed6
By shredden'em on 08/14/07 12:00 PM (PDT)

Awesome performance, great comfort and features. Top notch acceleration and handling. For the price, a flat-out performance bargain. Get one while you still can.

Do not buy if you can't get 93 octane
By yeti on 07/12/07 15:23 PM (PDT)

I have had this car for almost three months now. It has major loss of power. I have taken it to the dealer three times now and they finally tell me that the throttle is backed off because of low octane. I can only get 91 in Utah. They should not sell this car in a market that doesn't have the correct fuel. They have done all the PCM upgrades and it has not fixed the trouble. I would avoid this car like the plague if I had it to do over knowing what I know now.

Ultimate Sleeper Sedan
By Sleeper Sedan on 06/18/07 19:09 PM (PDT)

I am thoroughly impressed with my Mazdaspeed 6. I did a lot of research on the vehicle comparing the TSX, Accord, Camry, Legacy, and Altima. I ultimately chose the Mazda because it simply outperforms any of the other sedans I drove. This car neatly combines the fit and feel of a classy sedan and the performance of an AWD sports car. Perfect for me! The price point is 10-20k less than sedans which offer similar performance such as the BMW or Audi. If you are a person who does not need to brag about owning a BMW or Audi then this car may be great for you.

An understated sleeper
By speed6 on 06/13/07 15:46 PM (PDT)

To compare the MS6 to the EVO or STI is to miss the whole design philosophy in creating this car. Mazda designers clearly stated that the MS6 is not a competition of the above rally inspired track cars but rather against the more refined legacy GT and Acura TL. With this in mind this car can be judged on its merits. The MS6 is a near perfect balance of speed, civility and understated elegance.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.