2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda6 model:
Great car for the money
By bimmer on 11/01/08 20:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the car for about 9 months now and am pretty happy. Car is quick and handles very well. At 15k miles check engine light came on though. Purge valve already went bad? It has a little too much lag for my taste compared to my Audi 225tt that I had with an apr ecu upgrade making less hp. Engine seems more like a v6 than a 4 cyl turbo. It doesn't seem to throw me back as much, as the power band is more consistent. Great car overall though. Just need some winter tires!

Great ride
By sp on 03/25/08 16:04 PM (PDT)

In 18000 miles now, I've been to the dealership 5 times, 4 for service, and once for a check engine light (put crappy gas in it), handles very well, a lot of fun in the rain/snow with traction controll off. Quick off the line. Not quite an STI in performance (heavier and less hp) but really comfortable and a lot nicer inside. Have no doubts about taking clients out in it.

ValueSpeed6
By SpeedZ on 03/18/08 15:24 PM (PDT)

I bought the last MS6 that I could find in the cities of Madison, Chicago, Milwaukee and Indianapolis. The car is a great deal and really, really fast. I just got rid of a 2002 5-series (with the 2.5 engine) and this car just smokes it at any speed and is much more agile. Even going from 70 to 90 MPH is a very quick surge. There is just a bit of turbo lag, but it's minimal. A great car.

I love this car!!
By speed6Cincy on 12/30/07 07:34 AM (PST)

I traded in two vehicles before buying my Speed6, a Dodge Ram 1500 and a Ford Focus ZX4 sedan. This car blows them both out of the water by a mile in terms of quality and character. I cross-shopped a few different cars, mainly the Mazdaspeed 3, Volkswagen GTI Fahrenheit, Volkswagen R32, Subaru Legacy GT. I've driven 1000 miles already in 2 weeks, and I absolutely love this car. I find excuses to run errands, and it makes my daily 90 mile commute something to look forward to. Best vehicle I've ever owned, and this is my 7th car.

Better everyday!
By Scott on 12/11/07 18:36 PM (PST)

I usually have an idea on what car I like and go and buy it without trying any other cars. I do my internet research, but I am not usually one to go and drive a bunch of cars. I have owned BMW, Audi, Ford, Toyota, Jeep, Saturn, Lexus, and Nissan. Now, this is my first Mazda and let me tell you if will not disappoint. I have so many comments on its exterior design and how the lines are clean and they flow. This car drives like a dream and is TIGHT. I am very picky about tight steering and no rattles.

Zoom Zoom not just a catchy jingle!
By Mr. Mcfly on 10/09/07 15:50 PM (PDT)

Owned my Mazdaspeed6 for over a month, and I'm enjoying every moment of it. This car truly defines my idea of a sport sedan. 270 bhp, a 6-speed manual, quick handling, and a comfortable interior. Its 'sleeper' looks keeps red light racers as well as the law looking elsewhere. A slight adjustment to the clutch pedal height has smoothed out an otherwise awkward (high) clutch, but nothing to cry about. Mazda was right to keep the slush box out of this car, as a true driving enthusiast would never want an auto. The car moves thru turns beautifully. The ride is stiff, as you would expect, but not so stiff it's bone rattling. I find myself smiling a lot more than I used to... I wonder why?!

4 Months in, still fun, but just a car.
By Dave on 09/12/07 19:06 PM (PDT)

I was in love with the car for a while, but only 3,000 miles in I noticed the fabric (I have the sport) on the driver's seat was wearing already. It's fraying on the bottom, and I'm a small guy at 155 lbs. The dealer did say it was covered by warranty, but apparently they will only replace them once... not a good sign. It's an odd complaint I know. The other is the wheels and vision. I had a hard time adjusting to the wide turning radius, which resulted in the wheels getting a beating - my fault I know. Otherwise, the car is a blast.

Zoom-Zoom
By Hayate on 08/17/07 15:01 PM (PDT)

Fast. Fast again. Do not buy for a teenager! So far, I love this car. I've only had it 1500 miles, so it's too short for a reliabilty rating. I'm an older adult who appreciates a fast 4dr sedan that doesn't look like a toy boy racer. It's understated looks and power are great. Rides smooth and quiet. In fact a little too quiet, I may have to open the exhaust a bit for more of the deep power sound it deserves. It sticks to corners like it's glued to the asphalt. But the ride is very comfortable, a nice blend of sport and comfort.

Better than an Audi
By octamember on 07/25/07 21:41 PM (PDT)

It's easy to nitpick this car, really. It's pricey for what you get in some ways, and a deal in others. It beats the pants off the Audi A4. The Mazdaspeed rides quiet and with surprisingly well damped bumps. In fact it rides quieter than many entry level luxury cars with softer suspensions. Riding around at 60 mph with the radio on I don't hear the road at all. My knocks against it are the wheels, the tailpipes, the sub-standard turbocharger, and the slightly plastic look of the interior.

GOOD CAR
By antwon holmes on 05/16/07 15:50 PM (PDT)

I bought this vehicle and to this day, I'm really impressed with it. I think that this car is well built for the amount that you pay. I drive a lot on the highway, and the pick up is really good.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.