2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda6 model:

Sort Reviews by

Great car for the money
By bimmer

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the car for about 9 months now and am pretty happy. Car is quick and handles very well. At 15k miles check engine light came on though. Purge valve already went bad? It has a little too much lag for my taste compared to my Audi 225tt that I had with an apr ecu upgrade making less hp. Engine seems more like a v6 than a 4 cyl turbo. It doesn't seem to throw me back as much, as the power band is more consistent. Great car overall though. Just need some winter tires!

Favorite Features

Looks (inside and out) great handling, good power.

Suggested Improvements

Winter tires should be included with as bad as the factory tires do in snow!!! not enough boost from turbo. Wish it sounded better (can't hear turbo whistle and exhaust too quiet).

Great ride
By sp

In 18000 miles now, I've been to the dealership 5 times, 4 for service, and once for a check engine light (put crappy gas in it), handles very well, a lot of fun in the rain/snow with traction controll off. Quick off the line. Not quite an STI in performance (heavier and less hp) but really comfortable and a lot nicer inside. Have no doubts about taking clients out in it.

Favorite Features

Comfort, style, subtle styling (doesn't get stared at or pulled over often).

Suggested Improvements

A bit more power and a bit firmer suspension.

ValueSpeed6
By SpeedZ

I bought the last MS6 that I could find in the cities of Madison, Chicago, Milwaukee and Indianapolis. The car is a great deal and really, really fast. I just got rid of a 2002 5-series (with the 2.5 engine) and this car just smokes it at any speed and is much more agile. Even going from 70 to 90 MPH is a very quick surge. There is just a bit of turbo lag, but it's minimal. A great car.

Favorite Features

Engine, 6-speed precision shifter, standard features, handling, smoothness, build quality, AWD, roominess.

Suggested Improvements

Material of the non-leather seats in the Sport version. Looks good but wrinkles easily, don't think it will wear well. A lower spring setup, stance. Could look a bit more aggressive but is a sleeper/stealth ship as is.

I love this car!!
By speed6Cincy

I traded in two vehicles before buying my Speed6, a Dodge Ram 1500 and a Ford Focus ZX4 sedan. This car blows them both out of the water by a mile in terms of quality and character. I cross-shopped a few different cars, mainly the Mazdaspeed 3, Volkswagen GTI Fahrenheit, Volkswagen R32, Subaru Legacy GT. I've driven 1000 miles already in 2 weeks, and I absolutely love this car. I find excuses to run errands, and it makes my daily 90 mile commute something to look forward to. Best vehicle I've ever owned, and this is my 7th car.

Favorite Features

2.3L turbocharged 270hp engine, 6-speed tranny, all-wheel drive, awesome Bose stereo, love the interior materials/gauge lighting, great HID headlights, the Velocity Red Mica paintjob, great 18" factory wheels, it is the ULTIMATE sleeper sedan in my opinion.

Suggested Improvements

No aux. jack for stereo, shifter and clutch take some getting used too (definitely take some muscle), exhaust could be a little louder, had a CEL at 1000 miles - make sure you tighten your gas cap well!

Better everyday!
By Scott

I usually have an idea on what car I like and go and buy it without trying any other cars. I do my internet research, but I am not usually one to go and drive a bunch of cars. I have owned BMW, Audi, Ford, Toyota, Jeep, Saturn, Lexus, and Nissan. Now, this is my first Mazda and let me tell you if will not disappoint. I have so many comments on its exterior design and how the lines are clean and they flow. This car drives like a dream and is TIGHT. I am very picky about tight steering and no rattles.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, Turbo power, Skid pad

Suggested Improvements

Folding rear seats for better trunk space.

Zoom Zoom not just a catchy jingle!
By Mr. Mcfly

Owned my Mazdaspeed6 for over a month, and I'm enjoying every moment of it. This car truly defines my idea of a sport sedan. 270 bhp, a 6-speed manual, quick handling, and a comfortable interior. Its 'sleeper' looks keeps red light racers as well as the law looking elsewhere. A slight adjustment to the clutch pedal height has smoothed out an otherwise awkward (high) clutch, but nothing to cry about. Mazda was right to keep the slush box out of this car, as a true driving enthusiast would never want an auto. The car moves thru turns beautifully. The ride is stiff, as you would expect, but not so stiff it's bone rattling. I find myself smiling a lot more than I used to... I wonder why?!

Favorite Features

Fast...Zoom Zoom. Handles well. Interior is comfortable (I'm 6'5"), and roomy. Enough adjustment to make most people comfortable driving. Sleeper styling keeps unwanted attraction to a minimum. Not many around, adds to its appeal.

Suggested Improvements

On/off clutch isn't user friendly in city driving. Lower RPM shifts (cruisin') take getting used to, otherwise jerky. A set of boost/engine gauges would have rounded out the 'enthusiast' cockpit nicely. Stereo display is in weird spot, takes getting used to. Nicer front grill, like the 6s.

4 Months in, still fun, but just a car.
By Dave

I was in love with the car for a while, but only 3,000 miles in I noticed the fabric (I have the sport) on the driver's seat was wearing already. It's fraying on the bottom, and I'm a small guy at 155 lbs. The dealer did say it was covered by warranty, but apparently they will only replace them once... not a good sign. It's an odd complaint I know. The other is the wheels and vision. I had a hard time adjusting to the wide turning radius, which resulted in the wheels getting a beating - my fault I know. Otherwise, the car is a blast.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, clean lines, AWD.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior quality. Let the rear seats fold down! The latches are there. I can deal with the braces.

Zoom-Zoom
By Hayate

Fast. Fast again. Do not buy for a teenager! So far, I love this car. I've only had it 1500 miles, so it's too short for a reliabilty rating. I'm an older adult who appreciates a fast 4dr sedan that doesn't look like a toy boy racer. It's understated looks and power are great. Rides smooth and quiet. In fact a little too quiet, I may have to open the exhaust a bit for more of the deep power sound it deserves. It sticks to corners like it's glued to the asphalt. But the ride is very comfortable, a nice blend of sport and comfort.

Favorite Features

Power. Supportive seats. 6 spd. AWD. Fast turbo spoolup, very little lag. Bose sound.

Suggested Improvements

The rear seat does not fold down from the factory. The engineers added stiffening braces that are in the way and removed the latch pulls. However the latches are still there and can be modded to be operable, allowing skis and skinny stuff to pass thru the bracing.

Better than an Audi
By octamember

It's easy to nitpick this car, really. It's pricey for what you get in some ways, and a deal in others. It beats the pants off the Audi A4. The Mazdaspeed rides quiet and with surprisingly well damped bumps. In fact it rides quieter than many entry level luxury cars with softer suspensions. Riding around at 60 mph with the radio on I don't hear the road at all. My knocks against it are the wheels, the tailpipes, the sub-standard turbocharger, and the slightly plastic look of the interior.

Favorite Features

Superb ride, superb handling, understated looks, fast!

Suggested Improvements

Better turbo charger, nicer wheels, nicer tailpipes, maybe a few more upscale amenities.

GOOD CAR
By antwon holmes

I bought this vehicle and to this day, I'm really impressed with it. I think that this car is well built for the amount that you pay. I drive a lot on the highway, and the pick up is really good.

Favorite Features

I like the BOSE sound system. The amount of space in the inside is really roomy. I enjoy the heated seats that I have in my Mazda. Plenty of trunk space. Heated outside mirrors