Used 2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed 6 model:

At 122,000 no squeaks or rattles
By scott_in_pa

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Sedan Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this used for my 16yo who has been learning to drive a stick on my Dakota 4x4. He does quite well, but he really lights up when he gets behind the wheel of my A8.... hence a sporty car for his first ride. This is a pocket rocket.....pulls hard, stops straight, and corners very well. It is comfy, with virtually no creasing of the leather seats. Everything works as it should.. a testament to build quality. A previous owner had an additional shock stabilizer on the fronts....sheared off a bolt when he removed it but it does not affect handling. You can feel the rear diff mechanicals kick in..

acceleration. srtong, straight and true up to 6400. Ergonomics are OK....I'm used to an A8 so I'll stop there.

heated outside mirrors. stronger HID headlights.

Speed6 after a year
By webster

I have had the car for about a year. Came very close to buying an 07 BMW 335i but for about 12,000 dollars less got the speed6 instead. So far it has been great. It is certainly the most fun and reliable car I can think of for less than $20k. Bought mine with 24k miles and have 34k now. My concern is long term reliability and so far I have had no problems. I still get tempted to get a BMW but when I read about reliability issues I stay put. I don't have time to have an unreliable car, yet want fun also. So far so good

engine torque, awd, great stereo, tight handling, reliability

would like a more linear torque band.

All around winner
By John K

I just purchased a used 2007 Mazdaspeed GT with 24K miles. My wife didn't like the way it looked and wanted an Acura TL. I convinced her to give it a try for a week (Carmax gave us 5 days to return (!) the car with no fee). She drove it home and was blown away. She said it felt like driving a fighter jet. This car has visceral appeal that wins you over. However, rides a bit rough on bad city roads and a bit noisy on bad freeways (good roads are actually really nice, though). Amazing acceleration at highway/street speeds and LESS shifting because of torque. Only thing...I was worried by reports of some reliability issues...well, heard a small noise and took it in...see below...

Acceleration, amazing handling, mid 20s mpg, amazing backseat space, very usable trunk space, keyless entry, more comfortable higher seating position than Legacy and others, clutch/shifter very precise (no issues with ease on 2007s), grown-up looking, but not too fancy, hides the speed obsession.

After driving it home, I noticed a small noise in rear and the dealer chose to replace the rear differential(!) (under warranty). I hope this does not bode ill for the future. Also lighter steering and perhaps better damping suspension and quieter interior. Hope reliability measures up!

Great Car
By Nick H

This is one of those cars where you might read a bad review from a magazine, but it's gonna be tough to fine a bad review from an owner. Owned mine for 2 1/2 years now, Black on Black leather. i am 26 years old and this is my 14th car. Without a doubt this is my favorite, and even at 2.5 years I am still not bored with it! Maybe i'm just growing up?? However, since all other 13 cars were also sports sedan/cars...maybe it's my experience telling me that I wont find anything better. Direct Injection is amazing. Hardly any turbo lag, violent mid-range power, and oh wait....27mpg on the highway and I even get close to 22 in mixed (heavy foot). I also love this car because it's rare.

Acceleration(30-100mph especially), AWD in New Hampshire (can even get through winter w/o snows), Bose Stereo, Stable and willing at 140mph, looks (except rear view),dependability, but most of all FUEL ECONOMY.

large resonators over small exhaust pipes look stupid (not a fan of the fanny on this one). Clutch and steering to heavy for my wife to drive. Tears through rubbers like a rockstar (43k miles...on 4TH set). WOT sounds like a clogged hoover vac um about to explode.

Evo for the family
By Rocky

The Speed6 is an amazing car to own and drive. We have had our for almost 2 years, put 36K miles on it, and plan on keeping it around for a while. A Cold Air Intake was installed at 30K miles, does not affect warranty since it was a MazdaSpeed part, but makes the car pull all the way to the redline. Now it is easy to spank WRX's, and give Evo's and STI's something to think about. Slid off an icy road into a snow bank, a check engine light came in so had to take it to the dealer. First time they had seen one in the shop for any reason. Real world gas mileage of 23 in town, 28 highway after the CAI was installed.

Monster acceleration, one of the most comfortable backseats we have ever had, good stereo (with the Bose package), like owning an Evo with nice leather.

Weight distribution needs to be more even, will have to do some work to get it to handle a little more nimbly, but then again, our other car is a Miata, which has the most perfect handling I have ever felt, so this may be coloring my comments.