2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda6 model:
Speed6 after a year
By webster on 08/17/10 05:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the car for about a year. Came very close to buying an 07 BMW 335i but for about 12,000 dollars less got the speed6 instead. So far it has been great. It is certainly the most fun and reliable car I can think of for less than $20k. Bought mine with 24k miles and have 34k now. My concern is long term reliability and so far I have had no problems. I still get tempted to get a BMW but when I read about reliability issues I stay put. I don't have time to have an unreliable car, yet want fun also. So far so good

All around winner
By John K on 01/17/10 23:21 PM (PST)

I just purchased a used 2007 Mazdaspeed GT with 24K miles. My wife didn't like the way it looked and wanted an Acura TL. I convinced her to give it a try for a week (Carmax gave us 5 days to return (!) the car with no fee). She drove it home and was blown away. She said it felt like driving a fighter jet. This car has visceral appeal that wins you over. However, rides a bit rough on bad city roads and a bit noisy on bad freeways (good roads are actually really nice, though). Amazing acceleration at highway/street speeds and LESS shifting because of torque. Only thing...I was worried by reports of some reliability issues...well, heard a small noise and took it in...see below...

Great Car
By Nick H on 11/04/09 19:22 PM (PST)

This is one of those cars where you might read a bad review from a magazine, but it's gonna be tough to fine a bad review from an owner. Owned mine for 2 1/2 years now, Black on Black leather. i am 26 years old and this is my 14th car. Without a doubt this is my favorite, and even at 2.5 years I am still not bored with it! Maybe i'm just growing up?? However, since all other 13 cars were also sports sedan/cars...maybe it's my experience telling me that I wont find anything better. Direct Injection is amazing. Hardly any turbo lag, violent mid-range power, and oh wait....27mpg on the highway and I even get close to 22 in mixed (heavy foot). I also love this car because it's rare.

Evo for the family
By Rocky on 04/25/09 08:11 AM (PDT)

The Speed6 is an amazing car to own and drive. We have had our for almost 2 years, put 36K miles on it, and plan on keeping it around for a while. A Cold Air Intake was installed at 30K miles, does not affect warranty since it was a MazdaSpeed part, but makes the car pull all the way to the redline. Now it is easy to spank WRX's, and give Evo's and STI's something to think about. Slid off an icy road into a snow bank, a check engine light came in so had to take it to the dealer. First time they had seen one in the shop for any reason. Real world gas mileage of 23 in town, 28 highway after the CAI was installed.

Best bang for buck after a few tweaks
By Evidence01 on 03/29/09 11:34 AM (PDT)

Excellent drive, poise and performance. In the winter it is great in snowy Ottawa. 2 seasons of SoloII and SoloI on the tracks, fantastic. There are some gripes. Namely due to the price some components were how i say "left cheap". Being a mod freak, this car serves as an example of what 1000$ of aftermarket parts can do. Purchase a short shifter to replace the mushy shifter feel, drop in cold air intake and a rear engine mount and immediately you have what this car should have been out of the factory, pulls hard now until redline, shifts are precise and no more engine thuds on hard starts. For the price, the 1000$ is negligible and actually fun to do if you are into cars. Now it is perfect

Great all around "sleeper" sedan
By Dandy Don on 02/07/09 08:17 AM (PST)

After the recent ice storm I was struck again by how great it is to have all wheel drive. It is very transparent and usually unneeded by me living in the Southwest, but super whenever it rains and a Godsend in ice and snow. I still love the push in the back from the turbo's midrange torque and the great handling and reliability. I average a little under 20mpg because I can't keep my foot out of it, as many BMW and Mercedes owners have found out along with a few Camaro's. Great car and a sleeper in any race!

Reliable AND fast for under 30k?
By paganpink on 11/16/08 12:38 PM (PST)

I've had the car for a year now and have had no problems whatsoever. It is still startling fast, especially in the midrange, and has an amazing amount of torque for a 4 cylinder. That allows me to even skip shifts up to higher gears when I feel like it, and doesn't call for me to constantly stay in a certain RPM range like so many turbo's that have more horsepower than torque. I love AWD and the great job Mazda did with the software settings that control the suspension based on driving and the road conditions. I get over 20 MPG avg. and well over 25 on the highway.

Great car for the money
By bimmer on 11/01/08 20:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the car for about 9 months now and am pretty happy. Car is quick and handles very well. At 15k miles check engine light came on though. Purge valve already went bad? It has a little too much lag for my taste compared to my Audi 225tt that I had with an apr ecu upgrade making less hp. Engine seems more like a v6 than a 4 cyl turbo. It doesn't seem to throw me back as much, as the power band is more consistent. Great car overall though. Just need some winter tires!

Wow- what a great car
By paganpink on 07/19/08 00:11 AM (PDT)

I have owned dozens and dozens of cars over the last 40 years and I presently have a Ford Lightning and a Suzuki Hayabusa as well so I wanted a four door that wouldn't lean in turns so badly that it would scare me in an emergency, or had mediocre brakes when I am used to having truly great binders verging on racing brakes (especially on my bike) that can get me out of trouble if necessary. I love this car. I had a Mazda 3 before that I had sold an Acura CL type S to buy and never regretted it for one minute. Mazda is simply world class in giving you great handling with very little compromise in the ride quality. The Speed6 excels in every way and it's better than the Porsche Boxster I had.

Tops in its class
By Pylon1 on 06/17/08 09:54 AM (PDT)

I used to be the proud owner of a 2005 RX-8, which I loved, but due to reliability issues (blown engine at 36K miles) and poor fuel economy I decided to look for a replacement. It took something really special for me to give up my RX-8, and the Mazdaspeed 6 was just that. This car is faster than my RX-8 and way more torque down low. Handling is real close to sports car territory even though it is a sedan. More of a grown up hot rod, but a little too much so, a bit more flash would be nice. Also very luxurious, tons of features, and great fuel economy for it's performance level (0-60 time close to a Mustang GT and avgs between 23 and 26 mpg most of the time, try getting that in a stang)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.