Used 2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed 6 model:

Great car for the money
By bimmer

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the car for about 9 months now and am pretty happy. Car is quick and handles very well. At 15k miles check engine light came on though. Purge valve already went bad? It has a little too much lag for my taste compared to my Audi 225tt that I had with an apr ecu upgrade making less hp. Engine seems more like a v6 than a 4 cyl turbo. It doesn't seem to throw me back as much, as the power band is more consistent. Great car overall though. Just need some winter tires!

Favorite Features

Looks (inside and out) great handling, good power.

Suggested Improvements

Winter tires should be included with as bad as the factory tires do in snow!!! not enough boost from turbo. Wish it sounded better (can't hear turbo whistle and exhaust too quiet).

Great ride
By sp

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

In 18000 miles now, I've been to the dealership 5 times, 4 for service, and once for a check engine light (put crappy gas in it), handles very well, a lot of fun in the rain/snow with traction controll off. Quick off the line. Not quite an STI in performance (heavier and less hp) but really comfortable and a lot nicer inside. Have no doubts about taking clients out in it.

Favorite Features

Comfort, style, subtle styling (doesn't get stared at or pulled over often).

Suggested Improvements

A bit more power and a bit firmer suspension.

ValueSpeed6
By SpeedZ

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought the last MS6 that I could find in the cities of Madison, Chicago, Milwaukee and Indianapolis. The car is a great deal and really, really fast. I just got rid of a 2002 5-series (with the 2.5 engine) and this car just smokes it at any speed and is much more agile. Even going from 70 to 90 MPH is a very quick surge. There is just a bit of turbo lag, but it's minimal. A great car.

Favorite Features

Engine, 6-speed precision shifter, standard features, handling, smoothness, build quality, AWD, roominess.

Suggested Improvements

Material of the non-leather seats in the Sport version. Looks good but wrinkles easily, don't think it will wear well. A lower spring setup, stance. Could look a bit more aggressive but is a sleeper/stealth ship as is.

I love this car!!
By speed6Cincy

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in two vehicles before buying my Speed6, a Dodge Ram 1500 and a Ford Focus ZX4 sedan. This car blows them both out of the water by a mile in terms of quality and character. I cross-shopped a few different cars, mainly the Mazdaspeed 3, Volkswagen GTI Fahrenheit, Volkswagen R32, Subaru Legacy GT. I've driven 1000 miles already in 2 weeks, and I absolutely love this car. I find excuses to run errands, and it makes my daily 90 mile commute something to look forward to. Best vehicle I've ever owned, and this is my 7th car.

Favorite Features

2.3L turbocharged 270hp engine, 6-speed tranny, all-wheel drive, awesome Bose stereo, love the interior materials/gauge lighting, great HID headlights, the Velocity Red Mica paintjob, great 18" factory wheels, it is the ULTIMATE sleeper sedan in my opinion.

Suggested Improvements

No aux. jack for stereo, shifter and clutch take some getting used too (definitely take some muscle), exhaust could be a little louder, had a CEL at 1000 miles - make sure you tighten your gas cap well!

Better everyday!
By Scott

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I usually have an idea on what car I like and go and buy it without trying any other cars. I do my internet research, but I am not usually one to go and drive a bunch of cars. I have owned BMW, Audi, Ford, Toyota, Jeep, Saturn, Lexus, and Nissan. Now, this is my first Mazda and let me tell you if will not disappoint. I have so many comments on its exterior design and how the lines are clean and they flow. This car drives like a dream and is TIGHT. I am very picky about tight steering and no rattles.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, Turbo power, Skid pad

Suggested Improvements

Folding rear seats for better trunk space.