2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Consumer Review: What I have been waiting for.

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 - Consumer Review

Sport Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

What I have been waiting for.
By Wayne Grabow on

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

To me this is the perfect size car, ample for four average-sized adults. It actually has more power than needed, but handles it very well. I have over 12,000 miles already on it. The worst gas mileage it has recorded is 24 mpg; the best about 29 mpg. You must enjoy shifting to use its capabilities - 6 speeds and a turbo power band between 2900 and 5600 rpm. Engine is very quiet. I drive in mountains and snow; traction is excellent. Handling is predictable and "like being on rails". I enjoy the understated appearance; think the exhaust outlets are a bit overdone. With a slight effort you can fold the rear seats down, allowing snow skis to be carried inside, or take your dog on a trip.

AWD, automatic climate control, audio system, compact size, decent gas mileage, understated exterior, bargain price.

Increase tire clearances slightly to allow use of more tire options, i.e. winter tire sizes.