So far So great
By SPEED6 on
2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I bought my speed6 not having driven nor seeing one in person. A pure bargain it seems so far. I also have a '92 Celica All Trac turbo, and to me this is the closest a sedan has come to matching the mindset of the ALL TRAC. I believe other cars might match the build quality, but I cannot imagine nor haven't seen better build quality. Also the Q-Car nature of it keeps attention away. Don't be pushed away by the high curb weight, the direct injection turbo 4 can handle ALL the weight. Realize that every ounce of this car is needed to deliver the quality of its ride and construction. If your thinking about an Audi or Subaru and you don't want to see yourself coming and going, look at the SPEED6.
Favorite Features
Headlight height adjustment, great while driving on a snowy night, prevents glare from the falling snow. All wheel drive with stability control. Bose stereo, navigation system with remote control! Quiet climate control system. Top notch drivetrain. A SOLID CAR. 6 Speed manual short throw tranny, BEST!
Suggested Improvements
Can't think of any improvements, only have 1000 miles on car; will post in future as miles are driven. Thinking of the Lexus IS250AWD, Infinti G35 AWD but want a stick shift? Speed6 only comes in 6speed stick. Fold down back seats for skis would be nice but not done so as not compromise the stiff chassis.