2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Consumer Review: Only one week old, But...

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 - Consumer Review

Only one week old, But...
By Lisa on

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My all time favorite car was my 97 Mazda Millenia S with the Miller cycle turbo. I traded it for a 2000 Lincoln LS, & spent 6.5 years with performance disappointment. Sure, it was comfortable, but what about the get up & go? Well after watching and waiting for Mazda to come up with something similar to the Millenia S, out comes Speed6. I couldn't wait to drive it and see if it brought back the memories. Sure enough Mazdaspeed6 delivers. The look is different then the Mazda 6, and more like the Millenia was. Especially the rear end. The Grand Touring has almost all of the luxury goodies I am used to from the Lincoln, except auto head lights & auto windshield wipers & preset seat position.

Favorite Features

The sporty ride. The 18 inch wheels. The Bose sound. The keyless entry and Keyless start. The berber floor mats. 4 cupholders up front and 6 CD's in dash. That surge at 3,000 RPM,& tons of storage inside doors and center console.

Suggested Improvements

The lumbar support control is a little hard to reach while maintaining the seating position required to set lumbar. Would be nice to have power lumbar control. The "extra" auto rearview mirror with compass should be standard on the Grand Touring.